Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLC4me

Firmware Download to NT2S

8 posts in this topic

HI guys I am setting up 4 NT2S-SF122B-EV2 and I can not download firmware to three of them Why is? I use the same cable and comm Setting I still cant get the last three to take the firmware in. the HMI screen go to receiving FW from IBM cable but then go back to no driver loaded program the unit. and the NTXS software says Unknown respond from unit for setup frame. does anyone know the pin out of the cable and the comm setting needed to make this work????

Yikes! I hope MPM can help us out, cause I now have 2 pcs NT2S which are useless!! (note the difference of the application/firmware selection, I am using v1.04)

I think I have made a mistake in using a staight download cable instead the one mentioned above for NT2S Here's both correct diagrams. I will have to try monday to download the firmware again. A tip from MPM: you can erase the firmware at startup by pressing F1 and F6 together.

Phew! After preparing the correct HMI/PC cable for the NT2S, 2-2,3-3,9-5 I could load both units with the firmware uising NTXS1.04. So, PLC4Me, double check your cable & if necessary try to initialize the memory first by pressing F1/F6 at startup. Let us know how it works out.
1 person likes this

Hi, For me confirmed good working operation. I am wondering though why OMRON has added a manual to the installable SW. In there you see only 1 cable for both terminal lines. The cable, NT2s-CN002 is described, all other cables that can be purchased / created are also mentioned in there. Also F1 and F6 is described in there. Regarding the download screen, It has not changed. NT2S and NT3S have different download screens already since the introduction of NTXS. regards, MPM

Thank you PDL I was not able to make this cable work. I use a laptop with no real comm port so the only setup that work was to go with the CIF31 with the CBL202 cable. this work great, but it as a price tag of over 250$.

I don't know the pinout of a CBL202, this is a local Omron Canada type number. You will need a CIF31 anyway and although expensive, it works better than most USB to serial converters.

Alot has been posted about other USB to serial convertors. There are many that work very well in the 30 to 40$ US range. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...&hl=keyspan http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...&hl=keyspan