Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kryptes

PICO, Zelio or LOGO!

5 posts in this topic

Just curious if there is a large difference in the software of each of these products and which would be easiest or most user friendly? Also the can the PICO be programmed using RSLogix 500 software or can it only use the Picosoft? Hope this post is in the right spot and thanks in advance.

I have used the PICO and the Teco SG2, the both require thier own software, but the software is free for both. I prefer the SG2 because of price, plus the SG2 can be programmed with ladder logic or function blocks. http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.22/.f These units are smart relays, so the programming is very similar to true relay logic in layout and function. I usually use these type of units when I have just a handfull of I/O and I'm mostly doing timer functions. The price of these units make them cheaper than buying individual relay's and timers, plus the function can be changed without re-wiring.

By far the Siemens Logosoft is the best of the ones I've used. I never used PicoSoft, but did use the Pico and program through the kaypad, which was cumbersome. I've used Zelio (older versions), Mitsubishi Alpha and Alpha2, and tons of Siemens Logos. I prefer the Logo due to the ease of using the software, and programming in ladder or function block instead of a dedicated language.

different strokes for different okes......... IVe used both logo and Zelio and prefer the Zelio. Logo and Zelio is basically the same, to me the Zelio-soft just looks and handles alot easier. Just download both and find out for urself. Its free and has simulators so you can play around with them

I haven't seen the Zelio soft in years, I know they have come out with many versions including new hardware versions since then. So my opinion on Zelio is based on original hardware version. I would hope it has improved. But the guy I used to work for (with me writing programs) sold over 400 Logos in a few years. I've got one in my basement controlling my pool pump and outdoor lighting.