Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jey11

Hyperterminal and RS232 Communication

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, I need to communicte Omron PLC(CQM1) via RS 232 port. I am using hyperterminal. I setup com port as specified. Baud rate 9600 Data bits 7 Parity Even Stop Bits 2 Just I want to read the model no(Test purpose) >>@00MM Is the right format? What is node no? What is node value? Please let me know the format to read the model no? Thanks for the help. Jey

Your missing the FCS (in this case 40) and the * before pressing enter.. ie @00MM40* (enter) check the Omron download section for multiway...

Now I am trying get the counter reading, and I got FCS Error. Please let me know, What I have done wrong? >>@00QQMRCNT0000AA40* I got @00QQMR135D* Also I Tried, >>@00QQMRCNT 0000AA40* >>@00QQMRCNT000040* Same result. Thanks

My guess is that the FCS (Frame Checksum) is not correct. Sleepy indicated that the correct FCS for the previous request was "40". Check this manual for more information. It shows how to calculate the FCS: W143 Host Link Manual at Mr.PLC.com Hope this will help.

... As Sleepy said, try using multiway - you can download it from this site. It calculates the FCS for you. (40 is correct) I note that host link requires a '*CR' as a terminator so ... @00MM40* (hyperterminal should send the CR when you push enter) Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Sleepy Wombat uploaded a FCS Calculator Tool which should help you with Hyperterminal. FCS Calculator @ MrPLC.com

Thanks Guys for your support. FCS calculator is very helpful.