Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mos89

Recipe save file with ML1100

26 posts in this topic

Hi, How to save recipe data file on ML 1100 ? When i use save command my program + data memory is saved, but not data in recipe file! How to do it , how to change a small thing in the program without erase all recipe data ?

There is no such thing as a "recipe" in a PLC program which is separate from the ladder and data files. You are probably referring to something stored in the HMI and not the PLC. It is very common (and annoying) for HMI's to offer "recipe" features. Your problem is very common. If you want to implement recipes in PLC's, the easiest way is using the COPy instruction. Here is a pseudo-code example of creating a recipe system in a PLC: Recipes are numbered 101-119. Recipes are 50 words long and integers. The current (active) recipe is in location N100:x where x is the entry number in the recipe (x=0-49). In pseudo-code: If save-bit is set and recipe-number-to-save is between 101 and 119, COP #N100:0, #N[recipe-number-to-save-to]:0, 50; clear save-bit If load-bit is set and recipe-number-to-load is between 101 and 119, COP #N[recipe-number-to-load]:0, #N100:0, 50; clear load-bit Be very careful when using indirect addressing. ALWAYS check your inputs. If you don't and somehow an invalid value gets into your indirect register, it will fault the processor.

I am talking about recipe function embedeed in micrologix 1100, it is not store in the HMI !

Since the ML1100 does not have a "recipe" function in the firmware. Exactly what are you doing? What isn't working or wrong? We cannot read your mind.

Think your talking about the RCP Configuration file. This is not actually stored in the processor. Also this is available on the Micrologix even though it says it is only available on the 1500.

yes i am talking about this matter how to restore/backup the RCP data ?

Doesn't this require an added memeory module? I read about it somewhere and right now I can not find it.

No, you can do it without a memory module. mos89, post your program and point out exactly which part your are talking about. How have you setup your recipe? To store in the user program or the data log? Details, details, details

Hi sorry for the delay i am just back from winter holidays! i store my data in user program Edited by mos89

any idea on how to backup restore this RCP files ?

I'm confused. (and that's hard to do!!) The RCP configuration is part of the .RSS file. It isn't separate. It saves just like the rest of the parts of a project. If it isn't saving it then there is a problem with your setup or a program glitch. I know it's a pain, but could you describe the steps you use to create the issue? Maybe we can spot the trouble that way. To test all I did was open a new ML1100 project, expanded the N file to give me some play room. created a new RCP config with 100 elements. dragged a few ints from N into it. entered some different initial data into the file and saved. worked just fine. closed rslogix. reopened it and opened the project. all rcp data was still there. hhhmmm.... a thought just wandered through and set up housekeeping. what happens if you SAVE rcp data using the "save" function of the RCP instruction? in the plc it either adds a new RCP row, or modifies an existing row. How do you transfer that 'updated' RCP file back to the .rss? I bet that is what the OP is asking. now that's an interesting one. wish I still had a ML1100 to test this with. Never used the SAVE feature before. An ugly way would be to UPLOAD the project from the PLC. That SHOULD get the current information. Just to be safe, make sure you have a 'blank' project open in RSLogix before you start uploading. Edited by pabeader

so in fact i have n recipe with some N7:x inside from the machine: i set N7:x=1 for recipe 1 i set N7:x=2 for recipe 2 i set N7:x=3 for recipe 3 i set N7:x=4 for recipe 4 i set N7:x=5 for recipe 5 when i save from rslogix 500, il loose this data i get only default values.

it looks like we are going to have a language barrier problem... if you are changing the recipe values within the plc while it is running, then the only way to capture that info is to upload the project from the PLC into the PC. that should save the recipe data also. upon further review of posted information... you might not be using the recipe feature correctly. to start with, the recipe feature allows you to change the value in a group of addresses, all at once. here is an example of what it could look like recipe 0 n7:1 | 1| 5| amount of red n7:2 | 1| 3| amount of blue n7:3 | 1| 7| amount of green recipe 1 n7:1 | 1| 3| amount of red n7:2 | 1| 1| amount of blue n7:3 | 1| 8| amount of green recipe 2 n7:1 | 1| 1| amount of red n7:2 | 1| 1| amount of blue n7:3 | 1| 1| amount of green you notice how each recipe uses the same n7 addresses? that's because all we are doing it chaning the value that is stored in those addresses when we call up a different recipe number. you set up the recipes in the RCP configuration area of the project. Each row of informaion has an address, a length of data, the actual data, a description. Then in your ladder programs you would include a RCP command that would cause the recipe you want, to push it's values into the assigned addresses. Edited by pabeader

recipe_pages.pdf there is a very good example in the manual 1763-RM001B-EN-P staring on page 431 Edited by pabeader

i am sorry there is some misunderstanding, i am not asking how to use recipe in my ladder this is ok, i want to be able to backup the programm with the recipe data setup on the first machine when i will start the second one! i will try upload function, usually i load offline the project and the go online and use save button

the upload trick is the right answer in that case. i hope :) Edited by pabeader

i tried yhe upload tirick today without sucess !

how are you determining that upload didn't work? when uploading from AB PLC, content of all datatables is transferred from PLC to PC. if the PLC is using and modifying values, it is possible that monitored values (what you see while online with PLC) don't match with offline file. to make sure that PLC is not making any changes to data tables, stop processor, go online, and save... if this doesn't work, i would look for signs if the software on your PC is corrupted somehow.

when you uploaded from the plc did you have any documentation on any of the addresses? or was everything blank?

oops!! you forgot to start with a BLANK project. I mean, start from scratch. No program at all. Nothing. That way all you have is what the PLC has.

so no way to make some modification on the program ?

Sure. You just need to bring the documentation into it, after you have done the upload. that should preserve the current values on the config file Edited by pabeader

how do i include documentation after upload ?

Search the help files for ASCII Export and Import.