Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmervenne

LOOKING FOR A GOOD LAPTOP CASE

13 posts in this topic

I am looking for a new laptop case that has enough room to carry many cables, basic tools, laptop and some files. I am just wondering if anyone has found somethinf that works well for them. Most of the ones I have seen do not have the room I need. Thanks Mike

I guess it depends on how many basic tools and how many cables, but Targus makes nice bags that have a spot for the laptop, spot for paper files and a pouch in the front. It works really well for me, but I rarely carry much more than a set of screwdrivers, strippers, crimpers, pliers and wire cutters and usually not more than 3 cables at a time. You can usually check out Targus bags at Best Buy or Office Depot, among other places.

Have you looked in to the backpack/laptop case combos. Good notebook protection and a lot of carrying space. I have a targus case but I wish I took a backpak. I travel a lot and when carrying the case for hours on an airport I get a sore back and shoulder. Especially the rolling types are perfect...

I always need to carry a laptop, cables, a couple of tools, paperwork and sometimes it involves going into some pretty harsh environments. I also have a bad back so carrying the case all the time is out of the question. Unfortunately the previous cases I bought, had small wheels which caused problems with balance and did not last long when I needed to roll it across a dirt parking lot on a job site. I did some research and wound up choosing a Kensington Contour Roller. It has large wheels, a telescoping handle and the whole case is ergonomically designed to lay against your side when carrying it over the shoulder. I've had it for a couple of months now and it has worked out great. It was about $100 but well worth the cost. Edited by DEVO

I bought a Ricardo Lightweight 17" wheeled tote at Kohls in December 2005. There are 2 nice sets of pockets for tools, cables, USB floppy drive, etc and the large middle pocket fits a laptop with no problems. I even had two 2" binders in the back large pocket at the same time as all of the above. I've changed over to a regular backpack for the winter since I'm usually at the same plant. If I need to travel, it's nice to have the larger bag available. HTH!

Not light weight but pretty much bullet proof and lots of different sizes.... Not cheap mind http://peli.com/laptop-peli-cases.php I have this one Edited by 504bloke

OMG and which one do you use when you are not in space ?

For real surfing, not internet surfing.

http://www.tecratools.com/pages/assorted/softcases.html I have one of these that takes 4 pallets. I've been using it for about 10 years. They're sturdy, and can hold just about anything. They are definately worth the price.

Another source: http://www.buy.com/prod/Wenger-Pegasus-Swi...tml#prodInfoSec

I was thinking of Pelican when you sent that link. I've used a lot of their cases in the military. Not cheap, but the things are stur-dy.

From my decades-long experience, whatever large size a case/bag is, it eventually never will have enough room for your needs. :)

I am using a laptop rated backpack. Not too big, not too small. Does not have the wheels for dragging along in the airport but sure beats carrying the case in the hand. The types with the wheels are sometimes problematic to get rid of in the overhead compartments. Believe me, you dont want to have to sit with the case in the front of you on long haul distances. As for tools, I have a real toolbox, and work clothes with pockets for carrying the most frequently used tools on me. For air travel, dont put any tools in you carry-on bag ! If didnt have to travel so frequently I would probably have a wheeled hard case.