Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phil.s

Index registers

3 posts in this topic

Hiya folks I’m having a few problems with index registers in CX programmer. I’m an Omron virgin and am more used to Mitsubishi! If I explain how I’m used to controlling index register in GX Developer maybe someone could help me translate this to cx programmer? Ok here goes: In Mitsi the index register offset is controlled by a Z (followed by number 0-7) so for example Z0. You can increment the Z with for example an input like so: Input 0 ---------------------------[inc Z0] Then you can move a data register value into another one as follows: ---------------------[Mov D0 D100Z0] The value of Z0 would be added onto D100 and the value stored in D100 + Z0 so for example if Z0 was 10 the value in D0 would be moved into D110. I hope this makes sense and if anyone could explain to me how I achieve this in CX I would be very greatful! The instructions in the manual just confused me. Thanks Edited by phil.s

Have a look at this download: Omron indirect addressing tutorial

Fantastic thats helped loads. BCD indirect addressing it is then! Thanks again. Edited by phil.s