Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Ticknor

cj1w-etn21

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, ok first i have done a search on this network card found many topics along with a pdf telling me how to set it up to access my plc from the internet. So with that being said this is what i am still having a problem with. I have read on here that a memeber just put the ip and sub net in there card and then the router on site just port forwarded the 9600 to that ip. And there was another post about lost of setting they had to set in cx-programmer to connect. So lets try this for example: (fake numbers but will get the point accross) cj1w-etn21 ip: 192.168.1.60, sub: 255.255.0.0, unit # 0, node 3C router ip: 40.6.1.1, 9600 port fwd to 192.168.1.60 cx programmer network type: ethernet FINS source address: 0 FINS destination, network:0, node:0 Workstation Node Number: autodetect IP address: 40.6.1.1 (router) Port number: 9600 So with that being said as long as the router is set on port forwarding it should work just fine right? Or am i missing something? i know this has been disscussed, i just don't get it for some reason. sorry :( Another thing is i have something interesting happening to my eth21. for example if i set the ip to 192.168.1.60 and i se the node to 3c and i get the erh light blinking and in the error flag it is bit 14. even if i change the ip to x.x.x.01 and set the node to 01 i still get the same erh blinking and same bit 14 on in the error word. Any help would be great! Thanks, Andrew

Hi A couple of things... 1. Can you use a class C network on the PLC side (255.255.255.0)? I've had better results this way? 2. If it's 192.168.0.60, then make the node in CXP 60 aswell 3. Why do I remember not to use Network 0. Using CXIntegrator/Routing table, can you change this to 1 (say). Then make FINS source and destination network to 1 in CXP too. 4. Here's how I setup an ETN card. Cheers, Pp

Well i set up a basic routing table, and i set the switches on front to match my ip and i still get a blinking erc light :( i can connect to it within the network no problem... just can't get rid of stupid light. in the error word it is still bit 14, but my switches match my ip address.... i even tried this nice cheater guide that i got from omron and i will share it with you guys, only if you promise to help me with the blinking erc light. ~Andrew CJ1W_ETN21_Ethernet_Module_Configuration.doc

Hi Andrew It may be worth posting what you've got (CXP, CXI and the routing table). Can I confirm - you mention the ERH led in one post, and ERC is another. Pp

, i meant the ERH light, that last one was a typo As for the cx-programmer program, right now it is blank! i just have this card plugged into a cj1m-cpu12. with 2 inputs id211 and 2 outputs od232 I even tried changing the unit number and it still is there. This will be on a customers lan, they will not change it from 255.255.0.0. I am using a internal addredd of 10.3.6.60 I have attached my routing table based on what Omron said i should do. Thanks For the help. ~Andrew remote.zip Edited by Andrew Ticknor

Well the routing table can't be any simpler! I'm guessing now, but do you think that using a class B network (255.255.0.0), then making the rotary switch node address the same as the right-hand octet doesn't make sense. Try changing the 'Conversion' (in the ETN21 setup screen) to IP address Table. This 'converts' real IPs to FINS nodes. The first thing to do is add the card itself. I'll try and test tomorrow if i get a minute. We could do with the Omron forum big-guns getting involved with this one

Hello Andrew, If you change the Conversion type to IP Address Table, you will need to add the IP address of your PC into the PLCs IP Address table.

I do not have this plc in front of me at the moment, i took a break from the customers site. I will be there later this week. But one thing i remember is that i set this up in our office network wich has the usual inner office ip of 192.x.x.x, 255.255.255.0 And when i did it there i did not get this light to blink. i did not even have to set up a routing table! I am wondering if it is something with this ip that i have to use? But i did not think of this till now so i did not think of even trying it to see if that was the problem. Also when i fist put the unit in the plc there were no error lights, even when i plugged it in and put power to it with all the default settings, no error light. So i keep thinking that omron does not support this type of ip address can anybody try the same ip settings that i have to use and see if they get the same problem? Thanks, Andrew

Andrew Even though it does not match the customers network, try setting the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 I think the ERC light is on because the Auto Static and Auto Dynamic modes can only be used with Class C IP addresses. Setting 255.255.255.0 for the subnet should fix the problem.

Thanks for the idea, i will try that and let you know. Thanks, Andrew

That was exactly the problem! So my next question, will there be any problems with having a different sub then the customers? ~Andrew

Andrew There should not be a problem. I have done this many times in the past. Ultimately, if the ETN21 cannot directly support the network, a simple router (Linksys or equivalent) will always solve the problem if the router is used as a gateway from the PLC onto the network.