Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ICTechs.com

RSLinx does not see processor..only workstation

8 posts in this topic

A friend of mine is trying to comunicate with a SLC 5/04. He is using a PCMK card. Series B He has installed the PCMK Driver correctly. He has set up the correct driver configuration for the PCMK in RsLinx correctly (Rslinx-lite) Once he hooks up to the SLC, Rslinx only sees his workstation. He verifiied the cable from the PCMK to the SLC, even purchased a new one. The question is that the RSlogix 500 , file under "channel configuration" Channel one is set up for "DH+", with a baud rate of 230k Could this baud rate be set to high? Since this is the current file installed on the SLC that is functioning properly, could the fact that the baud rate in the Rslogix file be causing issues with Rslinx seeing the processor. The only other thing I supposed is a faulty PCMK Card. Thanks Edited by ICTechs.com

The series "B" will support the 230K baud rate. Double check node address ( Station Number). RSLinx must be something different then the SLC. What cable is he using ? 1784-PCM/6B I hope. Edited by Mickey

We have the workstation node set to 77. Its got to be the PCMK card. In Rslinx everything is "RUNNING" no errors.

I just edited my post as you posted. What cable is he using? Should be the 1784-PCM/6B

Thats the exact cable he just bought. Thanks

Tell your friend to check the power supply and make sure it is set for the proper voltage. A friend of mine is trying to comunicate with a SLC 5/04. He is using a PCMK card. Series B He has installed the PCMK Driver correctly. He has set up the correct driver configuration for the PCMK in RsLinx correctly (Rslinx-lite) Once he hooks up to the SLC, Rslinx only sees his workstation. He verifiied the cable from the PCMK to the SLC, even purchased a new one. The question is that the RSlogix 500 , file under "channel configuration" Channel one is set up for "DH+", with a baud rate of 230k Could this baud rate be set to high? Since this is the current file installed on the SLC that is functioning properly, could the fact that the baud rate in the Rslogix file be causing issues with Rslinx seeing the processor. The only other thing I supposed is a faulty PCMK Card. Thanks

When you say Linx is properly configured, does that include selecting the driver in the "Communications" "Configure Client Applications" "Interchange Port Mapping" dropdown? I don't have Lite installed, but I'm pretty sure Lite uses that functionality. Without it configured, Linx will see only what is on the local machine.

Hi, Just a couple of thoughts, if it is dump, please ignore. Is the baud rate in RS Linx configuration for the PCMK set to 230K Is the other end of the DH+ cable plug into the round pin connector at the SLC [Channel 0, the 9 Pin connector on the CPU is not DH+, but configurable for RS232/RS485] Hope your SLC not is set different from the workstation node.