Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JEM

Codesys and forcing

3 posts in this topic

I've been using a Bosch-Rexroth L20 PLC recently, which I have been told uses the same Codesys PLC software as Beckoff, Moeller, Elau. Has anyone had much experience with the forcing functions? I can force values easily enough, but I've seen something a little strange. Say I have internal relay "start_process". I can force that off and the rung goes off. Say I have 2 bits that get set from an HMI -- "MAC1_start" and "MAC2_start". I can force them and things work as expected Here's the rub, if "MAC1_start" and "MAC2_start" are 2 contacts that are used to set "start_process" ON by code, forcing the "MAC"s on causes "start_process" to come on, even though it's been forced off. Has anyone seen something similar? Is the force on internal relays in Codesys not a true force, or are there different level or methods of forcing? Thanks for your help.. Jim

Hi Jim, This problem has been reported to 3S. This is an issue with CoDeSys. Once a value is forced and the force is removed from the bit, the bit remains set until you force it off again. Apparently, this issue is going to be corrected in the new version of CoDeSys. Chaca

Thanks for the information - it is appreciated!!