Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dococ

NS using Memory Card for log storage

3 posts in this topic

My first post!! I am wanting to write the event/alarm log to the NS memory card. I have written the macro to write the log utilizing SB33 bit. This is a one time write per trigger/execution. This also overwrites the previous csv file from previous trigger. Is there a way to use the memory card as a storage device. Doing the above method will only write the current log, up to 1024 entries, over-writing the previous stored csv file. So I need to either write the file with a different name( perfer date ), or just keep all entries on the card utilizing a stack with date stamp. Hope I've explained this good enough, Omron tech hasn't been much help yet.

I don't know if it is possible to create multiple alarm logs, you would have to look in to the manuals. You can find the manuals in the start menu program folder of CX-Designer. If the terminal has an ethernet port, you could look in to setting up the FTP function and you could use an automated FTP client which picks up the file periodically? By the way, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for info, but I have researched and tested doing this. The way the manual states and also as it seems to work is that when bit SB33 is set to 1, it causes a csv file to be written to the memory card. Once this is complete it automatically resets to 0. Every time this bit is set causes a write, it will overwrite the existing file since it only uses one file name. That's why I was wanting to at a minimum be able to give different names ( date stamp ) so I could save many logs. Regarding the Ethernet, I only have it available on about 10% of 250+ NS terminals. So need an alternate plan. Thanks Again