Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ner68

Mcm-3100 prosoft module

2 posts in this topic

Hi people, I´m trying to conect a 3100-MCM Prosoft module attached to a PLC-5/40 as Modbus SLAVE to our SCADA systems. Protocol is Modbus Enron. I made my application based on Prosoft example MCM5EX1S. I´m trying to report some digital states from the digital input module of PLC-5 to coils in address 1001 to 1005 in the SCADA. Digital states (coils) are input to B11:0/0-4 (Function Code 1) I copied data from B11:0/0-4 to N10:20, and in word N7:8 I wrote 1001 but its not working. All words are based in their example. Does any one has experience with this module and tell me Where I tell in the module that the starting address for coils that the SCADA ask is 1001, i.e in what of the configuration words I write coils address. Thanks and regards, Ner P.S I contact Prosoft Technical Support to not avail.

We've used the 3100 with a Vilter compressor, which uses a windows CE based 'Think-n-Do' control software. I found it odd that the Thin-N-Do side of the did'nt use the coils for discrete information, everything was passed using Function 4, registers. I'm wondering if your headed down the same path I was when I first started with the Prosoft module. BTW, used it in several applications, all seem to work OK. Prosoft people can tell you about the module, but not how it is implemented by the controllers. Had to get the Vilter Tech Support to talk to the Think-N-Do developers. . etc etc etc. . Good luck. Robin