Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sas11

c more micro

4 posts in this topic

I am a novice. Just started second plc semester. I have purchased a dl05 and a c more micro touch screen to play with(self teaching). I am trying to get text to show up on the screen (lookup or dynamic?). Example when a maint. timer reaches 100 hrs I would like the text (maint due) to show up on the screen. If I could see an example I could probably figure from there. Thanks in advance

Have not used the Micro version specifically but on the full size C-more screens the way I have done what you described is to use the Lookup display and to use a Vword I move data into when I have a condition I want to display. You display different programed displays based on the value in the Vword you picked. Example: V2000=100 display shows mainteneance needed V2000=500 display anual maintenace needed I like to use the lookup dispaly to show my fault and run messages. This way I do not have to code screen changes and the display can be on the main screen.

Thanks for the help, however I cannot fiqure out the V word concept. I thought that you programed the look up text to key off of a contact but the look up text only allows a V address and like I said "just learning" my instructor does not know much about screen display programming.

V2000 is a register. A register is 16 bits. Sometimes refered to as an integer. If you look closely at the Look Up text function you will see you can use either bit or an integer. But in reality you are using it as an integer all the time.