Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
macflight

OMROn C200HS - Data in memory

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have got a C200HS that I need to change the program. Which part of the memory (like 'DM' 'H' 'EM') will be erase when I will load the new version of the program? Thank you for the answer. If you have some documentaions for this PLC or a link where I can find some ? Thank you.

What software are you using ? Before any download always upload the current program and also upload the memory areas seperately and save them to a file. Generally, in Omron when you download you are only downloading the program... the data memory values etc can be transfer seperately.

You don't necessarily need to upload and store D and H areas and download them again after a program download as they are not affected by a program download. But if you want to have a memory backup you could do this. When online, open the memory component, open D area, select transfer from PLC, select all area. Repeat for H area, save both in one file. Download the PLC program. After the program download, open memory component, open stored file, select transfer to, select both D and H area and transfer. To be able to select and transfer H area the CPU requires to be in stop/program mode. Also, try to upgrade CX-Programmer or upgrade to CX-One, the current version is 7.2, version 3.0 is very old... Here are some downloads for your reference: W235-E1-3 C200HS Operation manual W236-E1-6 C200HS Installation guide

I have tried what you told me and it is what I was looking for. The fil has an extension '.mem' Thank you