Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Transistor

Beijer/Mitsubishi e710 HMI firmware upgrade failure

6 posts in this topic

MAC/MTA E710 24V DC TYPE: 02400A NO: 9719-017 G&L Beijer Electronics AB I have an old e710 terminal and I need to upgrade the firmware to take an ethernet card. I downloaded MAC_e710_V6.10.zip from meau.com and transferred it with HMI Tools System Loader. Each time I transfer (20 minutes) I get a checksum error warning. Usually the HMI went back into run mode but now it's stuck. When I power up I get a blank screen. (The LEDs on the ethernet card are on.) It looks like the flash transfer failed and I have a dead unit. I appreciate that problems with firmware upgrades can kill some devices. Any ideas on how to kick it back to life? The e710 has a touch screen and eight programmable buttons at the bottom. On some of the more recent units could try to force the unit to System Load-mode (there is a rotary switch on the side of the terminal - change the switch to position 1 and cycle the power) but there are no switches external or internal on this unit. Standard repair charge is almost €1,000. Anything we can do to shave, say, €990 off that? i.e. Does anyone know a trick to force it into System Load mode?

Boot up while having F1 F2 & F8 pressed to set the terminal in system download mode. Then download a correct version in the terminal.

I have a funny feeling that there is a limit to the age of E-Terminals that you can upgrade to version 6.1. I know in the past that I've had to swap out older ones for newer ones to let me upgrade to newer firmware versions to enable the fitting of ethernet cards. I'm pretty sure the cut off point is firmware version 2.04 ... but stand to be corrected on that one. You can download the old version 2.04 here. http://www.e-terminals.com/index2.html then Sitemap then Download then search on E710. Just use HMI tools and try and send it and the terminal will normally respond without having to set it into sysload mode. This should at least get you a bootable E710, but I doubt if you are going to be able to fit an ethernet card. I had a similar problem with and E900 that thought it was an E910, but managed to get it back eventually as detailed on this thread. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=9472&hl=e900 Edited by Colin Carpenter

Gambit, thank you. F1-F2-F8 starts the e710 in System Load mode. Colin, thanks for the link to e-terminals.com. I've done a couple of hours searching for Beijer, MAC, Mitsubishi e710 etc. but never stumbled on that. The terminal is alive again and saved from the bin or being fixed by Mitsubishi for most of €1,000! A good day.

No, it's all in the manual, but I would keep it "confidential" from the operators