Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerrycat

BTR instruction error

10 posts in this topic

I tried to read data from an Analog input module, But the ER bit in the BTR instruction is on. When i read the fault code, it is -3. The explantion of this fault code is The size of the block transfer plus the size of the index in the block transfer data table was greater than the size of the block transfer data table file. What can i do to correct this Fault???? I am unsing and PLC5 and the analog input module is 1771-IFE Thanks Edited by jerrycat

From the Allen Bradley Knowledge base Solution: Verify that the settings in the I/O configuration dialog and the BTW instruction are consistent with each other and the data table layout in the PLC, then proceed with the download. This is only a warning, and you can still download, but proceed with caution. Example - 1771-IFE: A machine has a 1771-IFE module in Rack 0, Group 0, Module 0. You are using it in differential mode. Its Block Transfer Write and Read pair are configured as follows: BTW BTR Rack 0 0 Group 0 0 Module 0 0 Control Block BT29:1 BT29:0 Data File N30:12 N30:0 Length 21 12 Continuous No No The BTR data file for another module starts at N30:33.

Post your code ( .RSP file) and tell us the location of the module.

Dou you mean that if the next BTR Data file for another module starts at N30:33 that i will get this error? Edited by jerrycat

Check your word length (see Pic)

Hi everyone, Here is a little bit more discription; I am using a total of 4 analog input modules, two on rack two and the other two on rack four. these analog module are located on two different chassis (1771 - ASB series B adpter). I also have 4 analog output modules, two on rack 2 and the other two on rack 4. The analog output module on rack 2 are working perfectly. The other give me also the same error (DLEN = -3) which has the same discription as mention as in my prevoius vote. None of the 4 analog iput module is funtioning properly. The error code is again (DLEN = -3). The block tranfer code have be entered automatcally, so i think the length of the data tranfer is correct?. i have also verified that the are in range of what the document that Mickey post. attached is part of the block transfer instructions. Plse Help BTR.bmp

from Mickey back in post #3: is there any reason why you can't post the .RSP file? ... here's what we need to know in order to NAIL this thing ... (1) the .RSP file ... (this will help us check for memory overlaps - even with indirect addressing problems) ... (2) the size of each chassis (number of actual slots) ... (3) how the DIP switches are set on each of your chassis backplanes ... (4) how the DIP switches are set on the ASB modules of the remote chassis ... (5) the series (A, B or C) of your analog input modules ... (6) how the jumpers are set INSIDE the analog input modules ... (differential or single-ended, etc.) ... (7) how ALL of the modules (analog and discrete) are physically located in the chassis ... (note: use LETTERS A, B, C, etc. to identify the slots - example processor is in slot A, etc.) ... note that with some addressing modes (two-slot, one-slot, half-slot) there are SOME types of discrete modules that won't work when installed next to SOME analog modules ... this might not be an issue in your case, but so far we don't have enough information to say for sure) ... (8) and maybe one or two other details as we proceed ... basic idea: once we have ALL of the information, we should be able to say "do this" and it should work - as long as none of the components are defective, of course ... without ALL of the information, all we can do is make suggestions that MIGHT work ... this could take awhile ... we're trying to help - but all we know about your system is what you're telling us ... so far, that's just not enough to really see what's going on ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

When i tried to attach the code, i get the message that i am not allow to attach file of that extension, how can i post the code?

use WINZIP, etc. to zip the file first - then post the zip file ... we'll take it from there ...

Thanks guys, my problemis solved. i deleted all the BTR and BTW instructions and iserted then again in the ladder and they all work fine!!!! Thanks for the help i really appreciate it!!