Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cekann

CQM1H Timer Value

7 posts in this topic

Can someone please assist me in finding the values for the timers in my program? The timers reference a DM memory location and I cannot find where to view the value that is stored there. Do I need to be online? My experience is with SLC-500 and I am new to working with Omron. I am running CX Programmer v6.11 and have a CQM1H PLC.

Hello cekann, If you are online to the PLC, the values of the Timers (or DM area words) should be visible within the ladder editor. There are other ways to monitor those values however... 1) Watch Window (my fave!). Open the Watch Window (View \ Windows \ Watch), then just drag and drop your timer from Ladder into the Watch window. 2) Memory Component. Open the Memory Component from within the project workspace. Double click DM area. Click the 'Monitor' toolbar button. Navigate to the DM word that you wish to monitor. Hope this helps

OMG !! Drag n drop ladder into the watch window... You have any more of these cool moves ??

Hello PdL, This has been available for many a version (maybe even v1.2!!!) Did you know... Drag and Drop from Symbol Tables into Watch (inc FB Instances) D & D variables from FB Instance Viewer into Watch D & D FB variables from tab to tab (i.e. Internal to Output) in the POU Header - this can save a bit of time when creating a FB, just make them all Internals, then re-distribute as you see fit! D & D FB Variables from POU Header into an empty (i.e. unnamed ladder contacts) ladder rung or to overwrite existing variables! Maybe not so useful, but D & D variables into the ST editor! Also... Copy and Paste Sections, SFC Actions and Transitions into Watch Theses are just a few that instantly spring to mind, but I'm sure that there are plenty more - I'll post sometime when I get the chance to think about some of the more esotric features! CX-Programmer is a bit like a Playstation stategy game. The more you explore, the more you discover!

Since v1.2 ?? I knew copy/paste, never thought of d&d!!! Now why didn't anybody tell me this Think I'll crawl under my desk now for a few minutes

So basically I have to be online to see what the indirect addressing is set for. Is there a way to view these values the same as N7 values in RSLogix, offline? I mean, doesn't the programmer have to give these DM's a value so that the timer will work?

Hello cekann, If the person who wrote the program entered the values into DM area, AND saved them with the project, then the values will be available from within the Memory Component offline. You should see data loading when you open the DM area. See my original reply on opening the DM area. Let us know how you get on.