nizu

PL7-2 installing

27 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody. I have problem with install a PL7-2 software for programming TSX17 First installing a user interface from floppy is OK When I start installing a program then apperars error Fatal Error :214 C:\XDOSSYS\HLP\*.* What is the reason for this? OP system is Win98 and laptop is PII IBM ThinkPad I tryed also Win95 and other PC´s - result is same. I did everything like in this help manual Greetings Pertti PL7_2_V51.doc Edited by nizu

Sounds like a bad disc. But then, it's erroring on the help files, which were really not much help anyways. Did you try to install booted to DOS or in a DOS window?

I tryed both way,also another PC,shows same error. Pl 7.2 versions i have a maybe 10 different files downloaded from net. Under Win95 there was error : Fatal error :107 C:\Autoexec.bat I copied this Autoexec.bat from win98, then this problem was resolved. but still stops installing and shows this fatal error 214 C:\XDOSSYS\HLP\*.* I can´t understand what does means this *.*

*.* is an old DOS wildcard meaning all files in a directory. Perhaps the directory doesn't exist on your diskette?

No,inside there is directory XDOSSYS\HLP and this includes folders Eng,Fre,Ger,Ita,Spa

How to uninstall this program and all those components. Does somebody have a correct software for programming TSX17-20

Uninstalling a DOS program is simply delete the directory it was installed to. As for programming TSX17, PL7-2 is the only way.

Good morning, PL7 2 is the only way to program TSX17 indeed but there's 2 versions of this software. One for DOS and one for OS/2. Forget the dos version its a a pain in the booty to install it under xp, even if it's posssible. The best solution is to get Virtual PC from Microsoft, this soft is free now. Then you install an OS/2 image including XTEL and PL72 for OS/2. I have such an image so send me an email an we will see how to process eventually. JC

Ok, i know that is pain under XP but I tryed also under Win95 and Win98 - no success! Any help is needed,my mail address laas@smead.ee

It´s not so easy,after deleting is not possible to start Windows normally,because this User Interface making changes inside config.sys and Autoexec,also i think some changes are in Windows/Command folder

Config.Sys and Autoexec.Bat are text files and can be easily edited to remove references to the PL7 items. No changes should be made to any Windows folder, as it's not Windows based software.

Hello, I kindly ask if there any way to get the OS2 Xtel PL72 image, I need it for an old TSX17 28 PLC, I didn't find the file anywhere on the net. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards

Hi, Send me a pm with your email adress. JC
1 person likes this

Hi, Could I get the necessary software to program a TSX 47? Could you help me? Thank you

Hallo, By any chance did you have this anymore? If you do, then can you send me a copy? Or (even better) those two discs for MSDos install? Please!!! Best regards

Does anyone have the software for a TSX 47 (PL7 2, PL7-3) for DOS? I'm very grateful for any help.

As has been discussed here many times (do a search!) there isn't DOS software. It only runs on OS2.

Good day,

I am new and long time passed but currently have similar issue. I need to retrieve program from eeprom cartridge of TSX17 2 4012 PLC. I couldn`t find original software and seems is obsolete. I have found it seems PL7-1 but I receive fatal error. The first welcome/start screen of user interface is ok but as soon as I press ok a fatal error appears. I am trying to set it up in VMWare player and dos is 6.22. 

If anyone could send me the PL7-2 software would really appreciate it and if any advise related the installation as well welcom.

Again it only runs on OS/2 not DOS

i would also love to have this file emailed to me if that is possible. would really appriciate it!

mailasvensson@gmail.com

Dear all,

Could anyone send me a PM with a link to download the PL7-2 software? 

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Matías

Hi, I need to install PL7-2 for programming an TSX17 PLC. Please, could someone send me an OS/2 image including XTEL and PL72 for OS/2????
My email is americaserranogarcia@gmail.com

Poderiam me enviar a imagem do OS/2 com XTEL e PL7-2 para OS/2?? fleidimir@hotmail.com

Obrigado.