Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlurDavinci

Method of Positioning

4 posts in this topic

Hi: I have a Fast Counter Card( Controllogix, HSC) that linked to a Omron Incremental Encoder with a resolution of 1000 P/R. I'm using it for Positoning. What is the right method to do a relative positioning? Does Anybody have sample program? Thanks in Advance

Need a lot more details to help you out. What type of positioning are you doing? Is it a servo drive, hydraulic servo, air, etc. What type of output card are you going to drive your positioning device with? What type of accuracy are you looking for...

Linear positioning. I'm using a Analogue Output Card (-10 to 10v) that drive an existing Servo Drive. Actually, there are 2 Axis (If you consider the Rotary action as an axis ), the Rotaty movement is to open a rotary Pump (kind of special fabricated mechanical actuator). Both running using Analogue Voltage. Both using External Encoder. Accuray? I guessed 0.5mm to 1mm for Linear, as for the Rotary valve is the angle of opening. I have no experience on how to manage Encoder. Linear action will perform Homing ( 2 end point Sensor). I'm wondering how to treat or calculation especially if the Rollover value because no of revolutions of servo will definately more than one. Can you help? Thanks

For your application you should be using a 1756-M02AE in place of the 1756-HSC. The HSC is just a counter card. The M02AE is an analog positioning servo module.