Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Estey

CQM1H CX Intgrator

7 posts in this topic

Hi I am trying to set up a CQM1H with a NS screen using controller link. I set up a datalink table but when I went to connect to the the PLC it did not offer the CQM1H as an option.What would I be doing wrong. Thanks for any input Edited by Bill Estey

You mean it doesn't show up as an option if you want to add the host in CX-Designer?

there are two options in cx-designer when adding a controller link host: SYSMAC-CS/CJ and SYSMAC-CV. don't have experience with this but I guess for cqm1h you should choose SYSMAC-CV. Edited by tashinz

Besides that you need to setup routing tables. Did you do this ?

I did set up routing tables but when I try and connect to the plc it doesn't give me an option for the CQM1H nor does it give me an option for CV series as tashinz had suggested. I am wondering if my CX-One is the problem I have ver 1.01 and have not had any upgrades since I can't seem to find how to do that. I may upgrade to ver 2.0 do you think that will solve the problem?

I don't think upgrading CX-One will fix your problem but it is better to run the latest version. Was the installation of the controller link support board succesful? Did you read the NS setup manual on Controller link connections and setup? I will have to take a closer look in the office tomorrow. According to this info from NS Series programming manual you need to select CS/CJ series for a C series PLC anyway, so your current NS designer version should do. Something else. What does the LED indicators on the CLK support board tell you? Is INS lit ? Did you check if Controller link is enabled in the NS system menu ? Net, node, speed setting correct ? Can you post a screenshot from your NS designer comms setting ? What NS model and system version (PT > Project properties) have you selected in NS designer ?