Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TConnolly

Logicmaster 90 on Win XP

11 posts in this topic

I have a need to tweak a program in a Series 90 that I haven't touched for eleven years, last time I ran this software it was in Win95. I'll upgrade if I absolutely have to, but I'd rather do this tweak this ASAP. Will the DOS version of GE Logicmaster 90 work in Windows XP SP2? Will it be able to communicate with the PLC under XP? (edit) I have ver 8.03 Edited by Alaric

Will it be able to communicate with the PLC under XP? I have a copy of LM90 running on a laptop with WinXP SP2. In order to get it to work, I had to create a shortcut to the EXE file on the desktop. Then, set the Properties - Shortcut - Run to maximized and the Properties - Options - Display Options to Full Screen. I hope that this works for you. Regards,

Did the same thing here. Did however have an issue with one version of Logicmaster that gave me fits on XP. I worked around it by running it under norton comander until I got the copy I have now.

If the suggestions of Clay and KP_ENG don't work for you remember that XP has compatibility mode and you can set LM90.exe to run in Win95 mode and full screen mode.

Greetings All, I am also having problems Communicating with LM90 using XP. Tried the Win95 mode with no change. Am using default comms port settings and should be able to connect using the cable - AS693232SNP, which has built-in RS-232 converter and both LEDs blink. The laptop's comm port is known good. I am assuming the two PLCs I am trying have good ports, but that could be the problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ~Jimmy

Make sure your COM port is truly available. RSLinx (to cite one example) is notorious for not releasing the port for other applications when you disconnect from the PLC. You also should have the latest version of LM90 in order to run under XP. GE Fanuc does not officially support LM90 running under XP, but many people, myself included are communicating successfully.

Hi Steve, RSLinx is not on this computer, but am aware of the issue you mentioned. LM 90 is version 9.04. I am able to comm with TI/Siemens using this laptop with no problems. Thanks for your reply. I can't think of any reason why it should not be working! Jimmy

With the LEDs blinking my guess is that you have miss-matched serial parameters, or similar. Are you sure that the port you are connected to on the PLC is SNP at default or known parameters?

I'm running LM90 version 9.05 on a Dell Latitude D510 running Window XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2

I've looked at the serial configuration - tried it default, slower bauds, parity=none, odd. Only thing I haven't tried was even parity. How is your Serial Port Setup configured?

All Series 90 defaults have been at: 19,200 baud, Odd parity, 8 data, 1 stop This has been true for all Series 90 SNP ports both hardware and software. And 'most' other ports also. Most of the modems that I have used are 9600, N, 8, 1. How old is the PLC that you are trying to connect with. I have seen this using new versions of LM90 on Windows and Proficy ME with some very old, pre-version 2.x CPU's? I don't know for sure but I think that it was a UART timing issue. Edited by RussB