Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Linne

"Search" Function in Logix 5000 V16

5 posts in this topic

Since installing Logix 5K V16, the Search function will not find much of anything. Even when there is an exact match on the next rung. I've checked everything multiple times. A Google search brings up one thread where one other guy had this exact problem, and the response was to do an ALT+2 before the search. All I get when I do that is a "bonk" sound from the PC speaker! (No matter how hard I hit the keys!!!) Can anyone help? My Tech Support is Mon-Fri 0800-1700, so my next window is not until Wednesday the second of January. I've searched the Knowledgebase to no avail. Gonna waste two perfectly good days of initializing a new project if I can't get this resolved. Thanks for ANY help you can provide. Bill Nevermind! Once I figured out that the Knowledgebase absolutely hates Firefox, I switched to IE and found the answer. Had to do with the configuration of specific areas of each type of possible sub-routine to be searched. Why "ALT+2" worked for one person is still beyond me, and I'll be interested in finding that out. But for now, I'm in business. Bill Edited by Bill Linne

I use Firefox in the AB Knowledgebase. But you have to allow it to use scripts for everything. So if you have 'noscripts' you have to allow all of them.

Aha! That 'splains it. Thanks.

You can use the following extension to directly open pages in IE from Firefox and set those problem sites to automatically open with IE even though Firefox is your preference https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/35

That works pretty sweet, TW. Thanks! Bill