Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acorn

Problem with PanelView Plus 600 on DH485

1 post in this topic

Hi there, I would appreciate help with the following problem please; I have set up a DH-485 network in our office to programme a system before delivery to site. The network consists of an SLC 5\03 Processor, 2 off 1747-AIC Link Couplers and a 2711P-K6C3D PV Plus 600. Comms to laptop is via PCMK card. The network appears to be working correctly and I can access the SLC using RSLogix 500 from either end of the network. However when I attempt to connect to the PV+ I am getting no response. I created a new application in RSView Studio and download this to the PV+ via an Ethernet connection, this included a shortcut to my SLC and a driver for allowing the PV+ to communicate on DH-485, but I cannot get any comms between the SLC and PV+ or laptop and PV+ via DH-485. I tried adding drivers for DH485 and Serial DH485 under the 'Communications' tab in RSView Studio but neither seem to work. The PV+ came with a 2711P-RN3 DH-485 module factory installed, but with no driver for DH-485 in terminal settings. Is this correct? Only other clue is that I cannot get online addressing when creating tags in RSView Studio. Any help would be gratefully received!!!!! Thanks Steve