Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaxrpc

Citect Redundancy Setup

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to setup redundancy servers for my citect project. 1 Primary Server and 1 Secondary Server so when the primary server is down, the secondary server will take over it and switch back to primary when the primary is online. I have read the citect help file but it did not really tell you how to do it. Anyone with experience setting up redundancy in Citect could give me a few pointers on this please. thanks alot. and wishing everyone will have a merry christmas.

It's simple for your I/O Devices make sure that the device numbers are the same number. Do you have the knowledgebase there some articles on this subject.

I'm trying to do the same I have a I/O device with two different ethernet devices, the I/O server also have two different ethernet devices I want to use both forming a redundant data path I've tried to set up two I/O devices in Citect (with the same name and number, with different priority), but I get this error when running: "Adress 0 already used" The I/O device I'm trying to connect to is a Omron CJ1M with one ENT11 card and one EIP21 card (The ethernet devices have different IP-adresses) Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You probably have more than one TCPIP board defined for the same server Removing the duplicate TCPIP boards will resolve this issue. Check your config with the attachment redundancy_citect.pdf Edited by Gambit

In your PDF file the example is based on two devices in a single network. But I have two separated networks. Two PLCs, two separate networks and two I/O-servers Each PLC and I/O-server are connected to both networks I also need a way for the IO-servers to communicate with each other over both networks Edited by Fredrix

It shouldn't matter that you use 2 different networks. I have a test system with 4 LAN's two for the PLC connections and two for the PC redundancy. Are you using the standard netbios communication between the citect servers ? Or the TCP/IP method which is standard from V7 Edited by Gambit

I'm using TCP/IP method (I use V.7) Can you tell me what a "BOARD" actually is? Is it the same as eg. a network card? If this is the case should'nt we have two boards when we have two network cards? I can get it running, but when I disconnect the main network I get a #COM error It seems like it doesn't switch over to the other network

A board is something like a network card, serial board or any PLC communication card. One board per server should be enough but you need two ports defined per server. before you disconnect the main network is the standby server gettings it's info from the main or is it running seperatly?

How can I find out if the standby server is getting it's info from the main server or not? When I unplug the secondary network, the Citect system doesn't generate a error The secondary network is also just a redundancy network, the system shall switch between networks in this order: 1. Active I/O-server communicate over Net1 2. Change active I/O-server, still communicate over Net1 3. Active I/O-server communicate over Net2 4. Change active I/O-server, still communicate over Net2 Edited by Fredrix

Via the kernel you can find out the status of the I/O devices. only one I/O device should be running. During comp setup you can select to use the kernel. Then during run use ALT space to go to the kernel

When I try to check the I/O-device status in the kernel I just get a message that it can't check the status because it's not a I/O-server It is a I/O-server! The process is running and working... The communication is using the FINS protocol

Can you make an upload of the project. all i need is the comunnications, cluster,computer settings etc you can delete all pages etc.

See attachment TestRig1.zip

You've deleted your second I/O server???? both primary and standby I/O Device are on the same I/O server now. The settings should be more like the attachment. TestRig1MrPLC.zip Edited by Gambit

Problem solved!! I changed ip adress of PLC1 from 10.10.2.1 to 10.10.2.5 and now it works! I think it is the OMFINS driver that's giving me all the trouble... Thanks for all your help!