Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sd00

Q Series QJ71E71-100 UDP Setup

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here could assist me in the setup of a Q Series PLC with a QJ71E71-100 for OPC connection via UDP. In line with the PLC being replaced, I Ideally need the new PLC to allow the existing Kepware communication settings to work. I am pretty unfamiliar with the Mitsi PLCs / GX Developer & setup so some screen shots or step by step guide of how I can set it up to allow a UDP connection on Port 263 (as set in Kepware - decimal i guess). I'd appreciate a quick response if possible. Many Thanks, Steve.

I haven't used capware yet. SO i do not know which setting they use. Remember the port nr setting in GX Developer is a Hex number.!!!! so 263 should be H107. However for UDP connections you can only start from port nr H401 - 1025. Does CAPWARE use ASCII or BIN comm. Maybe it's easier if you send the capware settings you've made. Attached are port setting which I think should work but i can;t be sure unless I see the capware settings

The port number can be changed in Kepware, so if need be I'll do that. I'll give it a try, thanks very much for your swift reply. Steve.