Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashinz

CX-Supervisor custom report creation

7 posts in this topic

I am pretty sure that this is not possible using CX-Supervisor but maybe some third party programs. I have a cx-supervisor project that logs data only during the process of production. so when the process is over, data logging is stopped and that file is copied into new dlv file with custom name (date time operator program.dlv). that way I have a report folder with dlv files for every executed program of production. then operator can open specific dlv file and print it. the way program is executed can be changed using reciepes. Now, customer wants the report to be created in the following way: the picture of data log (from dlv file) in the bottom of the page, and above table of reciepe that is used and other info - operator, date time etc. I can creat a page in cx-supervisor with all data needed and use printpage command, but there is no way I can include the picture of data log viewer. Maybe someone had and solved this kind of problem? btw, report creation is another topic that can be mention in CX-Supervisor improvements thread. many thanx

Hi Tashinz, I have given it some thought but can't come up with anything besides CXS having a data log viewer component in the next update ... If I come up with anything I'll let you know. But you are not alone

Hi Tashinz, I have given it some thought too but can't think how to achieve this. Microsoft Office used to work like this using Object Embedding (aka OLE) but I don't think the DLV Viewer works as a embedded document server (like Word and Excel do). Sure the DLV solution is quick to implement and you get the simple Viewer (too simple ... I know - see improvements thread ). But if the customer has more detailed logging, retrieval, date searching, reporting etc the only suggestion I can think of is to use your own database instead of DLV... CX-Supervisor can log items to a Database just as easily as a DLV (see the DBLink menu option on Data Logging tab). Then you can write a custom report in the database, however then you have to figure out how to do the graphics. This is the dilema I always have too-> "Want Graphs, but no analysis?" -> use DLV "Want access to data, but don't need graphs?" -> use Database Only trouble is when you need both Anyone else know how create a Graphical report from an MS-Access database? Bertie

the trouble is here, that no other shareware software should be used. the idea I have is to use some free capture screen software the can be set up to send captured screen to the default pdf printer - also free like tinyPDF. this way i do this: make a cx-s page with all requested data - recipe table, operator name, date, time etc, below is the data log viewer window. this screen capture program works in the background and waits command - it can be some hotkey, I send hotkey e.g. F12 (how would I do that?), it captures the whole screen and sends to pdf writer which is preset to print to some file. then from cx-s I copy that file to report folder with custom name e.g. date time recipename operatorname.pdf. this come up to me today, found this super screen capture program (that's the name) but didn't have time to try it. will do next week. thanx for help btw, it's nice to know you're not alone. i ask an iFix expert colleague of mine how he should solve this on some standard iFix SCADA configuration, there is the same problem. as it makes life easier. Edited by tashinz

Hmmm I think this could be a dead end. Not sure how you would select the period to show because there's no script command or even Menu item to do this (I know... See Suggestions thread AGAIN ). Then the keystroke then the printer setup... just too many hurdles for me. However - its given me a blinding idea !! DLV format does include "ExportLog" script command (and menu item). This can export the DLV data i.e. to CSV. This can be Imported into Excel quite easily which gives good charting. OK I suppose as long as you already have Excel installed (of course Excel could always be on the Managers/Analysts PC instead?) With a bit of nifty macro work you could even add buttons to "Load" a new CSV file, Filter on specific dates, perform some maths and stats before graphing. Bertie

I was wondering if you could embed the datalog viewer into a html report page... perhaps not????