Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

Intellution problem

4 posts in this topic

Had to change IP addresses on all my Process Control Equipment to comply with our Corp. standard. Everything went well except for one Fix32 MMI station. It's connected to 5 SLC 5/04's, 1 5/05 and 1 old TI-565. The drive for the 565 is TIE and I cannot get it to work once I changed the IP address for the device in the driver, database shows all ?????. I'm using the ABR driver and RSLinx OEM for the SLC's. The 5/04's all work fine (didn't change anything), but I have the same issue with the 5/05 as the 565. I can see it in RSWho, I can ping them, but can't get any data. I've stopped the driver, deleted the driver, changed the node name....everything I can think of. Looking for any suggestions, I'm starting to get desperate on this one machine. Forgot, the PC is running Fix32 ver 7.0, OS is Win2k. On the 565, I know it's not the PLC, because another SCADA node is communicating to it without issue, running the same Fix32 software, and the same driver. thanks, Ken

You said you changed the IP address on your Fix32 station because of corp standards. Does the Fix Station sit on the corp IT net? If so, does the fix32 have two ethernet cards in it? One for the SLC 5/05 and one for the corp IT net? I am assuming that the SLC 5/04 talk to the Fix32 via Datahighway. The TI565 uses tiway? So the only PLC with ethernet is the 5/05? Just a few questions to clarify what your situation is. I have worked on both Fix32 and Ifix for years and Fix32 can be unstable sometimes. Depending on configuration.

The TI565 and the 505 are both ethernet, the 565 via the TIE driver, and the 505 via the ABR driver. We have two networks the business LAN and the process control LAN, seperate media, seperate switches etc... But....we are planning on connecting the two via firewalls and routers, as off today, they are still seperate, but plan on connecting the two sometime in Jan 2008, that's why I had to change the IP addresses. The Process Control equipment now all have 10.xxx.xxx.xxx IP's.

Problem solved. Had to update the ABR driver, now everything is working correctly. thanks, Ken