Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fredrix

Communicating on Ethernet with ProFace and Omron

14 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get a ProFace GP3200 HMI to communicate with a Omron CJ1M over Ethernet The PLCs IP Adress is 10.1.8.38 and the HMI adress 10.1.8.34 I can communicate with the PLC from CX Programmer, and with the HMI from GP-Pro EX When I try to start the HMI i get this error: "RHAA130: PLC1:Error has been responded for device read command (Main Response: [90H], Sub Response: [05H])" Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? Screenshot of settings in GP-Pro EX attached

Is there more than one comms card in the PLC ? I suspect you need to set a routing table and put the Ethernet card on network #1.

Yes There is one build in Ethernet module (CJ1M CPU13-ETN) and one Ethernet IP module (EIP21) The EIP module is connected to my network I'm not sure if I'm able to find this device in integrator, I had to set the IP adress with a program called Network Configurator, I cant find it in CX Programmer (it comes up as Unkown device) But, I'm able to reach the PLC from my PC (in same network as the HMI) And it looks like the HMI get some kind of response, because if I unplug the cable to the HMI the error shown on the HMI changes to a timeout error on PLC1

From manual W420-E1-04: Read the CX-Integrator manual on how to set routing tables and above manual for particular information. It really is nothing more than assigning a different network number for every card, that's it. If you don't do this the FINS messaging doesn't work although the PLC and HMI are physically connected.

I tried to set up routing tables, but I still get the same error message... The HMI communicates with the PLC, because if I unplug the PLC from the network I get a timeout error on the HMI

You tried to set up routing tables or you set up routing tables ? Can you post the local routing table file (*.rtg) ?

routingpls1.zip

I asume you verified the routing table for succesful download, and power cycled the PLC. Have you also changed the Source adress network number at GP Pro settings to 1 or 2 depending on which network number is the EIPN21 ? And why do you have 1 filled in at the node number? I would try filling in 38.

Yes the routing table is verified and succesfully downloaded. The Source adress in GP Pro is the HMI adress, the destination adress to PLC is changed to match Routing table I have tried several different node numbers, tried again now with 38, I still get the same error message I cant find the error code "RHAA130" in the ProFace manual either...

It works now! I set the Source network number to the same as the PLC network, and a random node number, and now it works! It’s often the easy things one forgets to try!

Can you post a screenshot of the PLC device settings in GP Pro ? If the Source adress is that of the HMI the network number should match that of PLC and the node number should be the last 2 digits of the HMI IP. And if you try to connect to the integrated Ethernet port of the CPU ? You only have to change target IP, network and node.

That is just what I did before you posted that answer! And now it works... Thanks for all you help:) (The HMI is connected to the EIP21, the integrated Ethernet Port is connected to another PLC and to computers in a closed network)

What exactly did you do then ? Glad it works