Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juan

Ethernet with CS1-H and CX-Supervisor

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, I need to set up an Ethernet connection between a PC running CX-Programmer V3.0, CX-Supervisor V1.1 and a PLC type CS1G-CPU42H. At the PLC side I'm using a CS1W-ETN01 Ethernet card along with a 10Base-T conversion adapter. At the point where I am, I'm only able to ping the unit from the PC and get the reply, however I cannot get it connected with the CX-Programmer or the CX-Supervisor. I've tried different things but without any success. Could anybocy please assist me on this with a step by step instruction? What I'm pursuing at the end is to run the CX-Supervisor SCADA application in Ethernet mode at Ethernet speed, and if possible, monitor and program the PLC from the CX-Programmer, not necessarily simultaneously. I appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

You have first to connect to plc with serial cable and setup the ethernet unit. how do you know what is the IP address of the plc?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was connected serially before. I finally got it choosing "Ethernet" in the "Network Type" selection. I still would like to know how to connect them in FinsGateway mode. The IP address of the PLC is set with number swithches in the back of the Ethernet unit. Then, the node number switch is set making sure it matches the last octet of the IP address... I've noticed however that the Ethernet connection works a little less stably than the serial connection as it hangs for short times once in a while. The communications get lost and restablishes some times Any suggestion on how to improve this condition? Any guidance on how to set up the FinsGateway mode? Thanks to all

Yes this is the normal connection method and correct for ETH comms. This mode still uses FINS so not sure what 'FinsGateway mode' means. I know with CLK it is possible to connect to the Network Service Board in the PC. In this case you can choose "FinsGateway" in the network type and specify the FINS node address. However this is not applicable to ETH or useful (unless you have FINS Gateway 2003 Ethernet driver installed too) My ETH comms are stable - are the timeouts in CX-Programmer or CX-Supervisor? Make sure you check the ETH-01 error log for clues. Bertie

1.first time ,you have to connectd plc by serial cable. 2.goto io table and creat it for plc can see any module 3.in io table go to etn module and click setup 4.at IP address you set 192.168.1. ... ( up to no.of module) 5.subnet set 255.255.255.0 6.select tap tranfer to pc if anything ok software ask for starting module click ok 7.at module you will see lamp run lid , don't show lamp red 8.in io table you need to setup routing network 9.you can see tool menu starting routing and setting click ! 10.softwear will show window for set routing network , you select no.1 and double click , and select insert siou 11.window will show module no.1 and link line with network#1 12.select tap tranfer it to plc , now any think ok lamp run ,100m,link is lid 13.at cx-programmer select connection ethernet and click setting 14. at network goto fin destination and set network(=1) and node(=up your setting module) 15. select tap driver set IP address 192.168.1... ( 2 set last no.up to your setting module) 16 finish your setting in cx-programer test it note 1. IP adress on pc not the same plc example in plc 192.168.1.10 in pc need to 192.168.1.8 ,,, subnet is the same 255.255.255.0 2. cable rj45 you need to used cross type

Dear friend, why do you reply to a pretty much resolved topic well over 2 months old? Not that your experience is not appreciated, but I just don't see the point in kicking the topic.