Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patriot

TCP SmartScreen Manuals?

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to make some modifications to an old old TCP SmartScreen.  Specifically, I am trying to add some alarm messages.  This is one of the old boat anchor CRT based HMIs that has function keys, and a separate logic unit.  I can get into the configuration menus, but have no manual to give me some help.  I might be able to figure it out if I play with it long enough, but thought I would see if anyone has already scanned an old manual.  Note:  This is not a SmartTouch.  I am talking about a CRT display HMI called a SmartScreen.  Originally made by Total Control Products (TCP).  I know TCP was bought years ago by GE Fanuc.  GE Fanuc has no documentation listed anymore.  Before anyone suggests upgrading, it isn't going to happen here.  I am contracting at a plant that is shutting down in 8 months, and they keep repairing the SmartScreens to keep them in service.

If you don't have the editor software, you have to do it directly from the Smartscreen itself. I don't have access to one anymore, but I seem to remember, escape 3 times, follow the menu to alarms. I would then just edit what I wanted or copy one of the other lines. George

Thanks. I actually prefer programming online with a keyboard, since the offline software is so old. I have figured out how to copy alarms, etc., but was wanting to add a password protected screen if it is possible. Without a manual, I am not sure how to figure it out yet.