Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sas11

twido password

8 posts in this topic

I am still having trouble with the password on my twido. First the person that wrote the program quit. Now with my limited knowledge I do not see anywhere in the twido suite software to try and guess at entering a password. This is all bothersome since I paid over $40,000 dallors for this piece of equipment including the programmed plc and I can't even get in to change a setting in the program. Also this unit has a Man to machine interface that I can plug in. Does anyone know if I can get the password thru this? Thanks

I would contact your local Schneider Electric person or their technical support department. They would be best able to assist with password issues. Discussions of cracking or bypassing password protection are against the terms of service of this website.

what is the purpose of this forum. everything I ask for help on I just get negative replies from you. I paid for the unit I bought which included the plc if the distributor cannot supply support for the plc then it seems to me the door is open for me to ask for help. you people who put passwords on these things are just like the people who scam use on antivirus programs, work both sides. Crossbow I feel sorry for you, apparently you think everyone is out to scam the programers. I was simply in need of some help on something that I paid a hard earned $40,000 for.

I was simply giving you a warning to read and OBEY the terms of service of this website. This has nothing to do with a personal vendetta or about your particular PLC problem. The rules clearly state that topic is forbidden. If you can't abide by the rules, why is that my fault? If you bought the PLC, and you can prove the code is rightfully yours, then as I said you should contact the MANUFACTURER for assistance. If you don't like it, I don't care.

The purpose of this forum is to provide help from one user to another. With those who have had years of experience sharing that for free with those who need it. It was the choice of our hosts, for legal reasons, to make some topics off limits. One of the most often contested and problematic of these it the no password cracks or hacks policy. To get the awesome level of support that mrplc does from AB, Siemens, Omron, Modicon and others, the list is far too long for this post. We must respect their intellectual property, just as we wish ours protected. On a personal note, I've know Crossbow thru this site for almost two years and he has been helpful to myself and others on several occaisions. As to initial post, how to view and work with the program in the PLC's you paid for. I am positive that his advice for you to consult the manufacturer was not meant as any form of negative comment or personal attack. It is the quickest and most cost effective route for you to get the help you desire and produce a return on your $40K investment. Were there a faster, cheaper and legal way of getting an answer Crossbow would have given this as he has done in his 1300+ other posts.

Hi newbie, do not vent-off this way. You stand to lose quite a few very useful friends! This forum is perhaps the best place to be in the automation/plc-scada world. This forum has made a big difference to my existence with dignity in my profession! It HAS NEVER FAILED TO GIVE ME A LEAD !. There never was a day, when I put my problems here and failed to get an answer!!. Crossbow and the great BobL Foot are perfectly right when they insist that users respect the rules that prevail here. Both the organisers and the users of this very public place have a responsibility to refrain from doing the unethical. It is true that we all have various work related problems and are up against a huge mountain of proprietory technology which burdens us at times, but all the same provide us a reason for living. The work we do, ie. control & automation, is a previlege to be entrusted with.It is certainly not within the intellectual abilities of all people. Thus there is a relationship of trust and friendship between the various users of MrPLC. Questions and answers posted here are done on mutual goodwill in the expectation that a passerby will help a fellow engineer of his own tribe! In this kind of environment one betrays the trust of his potential helper by expecting him/her to do the unethical!! However, for your little Twido problem, I shall certainly see (but not promise) what I can do. The Twido is cheap its cost in India is a little below US$300/- It may make sense even to replace the cpu and re-wirte the logic. Regards, best wishes, Raj S. Iyer

Ok - seems like a good time to ask. I got "warned" by Crossbow about a year ago for asking people to check out an online chat client that was actually a runtime copy of FactoryPMI. Crossbow - I've been a good citizen for the last year. Any chance of dropping my warning level? Tim, Bob, any love?

Hi fella, Take a look at this. If you have Twidosoft, the help section is as follows Regards, best wishes, Raj S. Iyer