Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Redlion G315

13 posts in this topic

Having ordered a 315 (and awaiting delivery) i decided to start some preliminary programming (plus also look at the demo screens that that had developed for recipees etc). My resolution on my laptop is 1400 x 1050 on a 15" laptop monitor... 1. Could only edit the page if "Display Only" is ticked.. 2. Could not run the demo when downloading to the simulator (total bummer) the G3 Emulator minimises and it is only when you right click on it in the task bar then Move and use the shitt and arrow keys that you can move it into view with the message displayed "The window is to small"... Has any one else come accross this... if so it seems a pity because they seem to 98% there ... bit frustrating i must say..

You can click on View-Panel, make sure that show whole screen is NOT checked. Then you can click View-Zoom, to select the zoom level. Also your mouse wheel (if equipped) will zoom in and out of the display. Currently the emulator does not work for the 15 inch unit. When/if it does it will consume more screen real estate than most monitors can support. Beyond that, not everything currently works in the emulator. Only certain drivers are supported, and many floating point math functions do not work either. If you are just looking to test some code ot animation, you coudl copy and paste the needed items into a G310 database and use the G310 emulator for testing. Regards, Dan

Thanks for getting back Dan... BTW is the Omron Serial driver supported for emulation ?

Not at this time. I will see if the software team can add them in. Edit: I just spoke with the driver engineer. She will include them in the next build of Crimson 2, although I am not sure when that will be released. Regards, Dan Edited by danyost

Thanks Dan, Now thats customer service

Dan, would you know when the protective sheet film will be avail for the G315 ? Thanks

Are they available for the G306 or G310? What's the part number?

The G315 sheets became available on 12-3, looks like we have 3 sets in stock. The part numbers are as follows: G3FILM03 G3FILM06 G3FILM08 G3FILM10 G3FILM15 Regards, Dan

Thanks Dan

Further on the G315... A couple of questions... ... Can a value be embeded into an event message if so how ? ... Is their a function that I can use that simply returns the date/time in a string format so that I can send it to the PLC ? (This is so I can keep the date / time stamp when a recipe is changed in the PLC. ALSO on that note can i also send a string of the currently logged in user to the PLC as well for the same purposes ? Thanks Opp's another one.... (just added). When doing a Multi State Text -- why is the Text always right justified and does not allow you to change it to left justification... it would have a better appearance if you could.

You cannot embed a value in an event name. I have attached a database with some functions that I have written. There are 2 programs that return the time and date as strings. There is currently no function to return the current user. As far as the Multi goes, if you do not show the label you can pick how to justify the text. When you highlight the primitive, there is a small gradient rectangle in the upper left. You can slide that to the right to center the text. To get it left justified, you could pad your shorter states with spaces (at the end) so they are as long as your longest state. Then just make the primitive as small as C2 will let you. This should give you a left justified appearance. Yes, I copied and pasted... Regards, Dan

Where ? Or have i missed it ?

Sorry Dave, I copied and pasted the answer from an email I sent him. I will email you the file. Regards, Dan