Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest piscis

Why do I get this Fault on Micrologix 1000

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone knows why do I get this Fault on Micrologix 1000 / The Red pilot light on PLC turn on. This is all the explanation I get with the RsLogix500 software The downloaded program is not a controller program. Major Error Halt S:1/13=1 Major Error S:6 = 10h When I click on Clear Mayor Error button I get on the Remote Program mode and when I select RUN mode I get the same error again. Can anyone help, please? Thanks Andy Puerto Rico

That's a wierd one. Most of the time you can't download a program if it's for the wrong type of controllers. It's possible that the program in the MicroLogix has simply become corrupted but has not been cleared. The easy solution is to re-download the program file. I've also seen this when the wrong version of MicroLogix 1000 is selected in RSLogix 5000 software. If you have a MicroLogix 1000 Series A controller, for example, but you select "MicroLogix 1000 DH485/HDSlave" as your controller type (features that were added much later) then you could get Error 10h. What's the Series Letter of the controller, and what Controller Type do you have set in RS Logix 500 ?

Ken: I have a Micrologix 1000 number 1761-L-16BWA / Series B / FRN 2.0 On Controller properties I have selected Bul. 1761 Micrologix 1000 DH-485/HDS Slave. Do you think this has anything to do with it? Thanks for your kind help. Andy

That's probably it. The controller you have was built between June 1995 and July 1996 (the production run for AC-powered Series B controllers). In RSLogix 500, you should choose "Bul. 1761 MicroLogix 1000" The "DH485/HDSlave" features weren't added to the MicroLogix 1000 until Series D in 1998. Programs compiled for that version have features that the earlier MicroLogix controller won't understand, thus the "not a controller program" error. When you change the Controller Type in RSLogix 500 and download, the error should go away.