Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whizzo944

Communications

2 posts in this topic

Which CPU do I select if I want to read the program from an A1SH CPU into GX Developer 7 ? Is it me or is this bit of software not the easiest in the world to use ? I think piloting the Space Shuttle must seem easy if you can master GX Developer !!!!! TIA.

Using GX Developer is far easier than piloting a space shuttle. In fact, the default setup for comms on GX is direct to the CPU using the standard SC-09 cable, so you dont actually have to set anything up. Assume that you are using the SC-09 cable connected to the CPU RS422 port and COM1 on your PC. From a blank project select read from CPU. Next select the PLC series you are connecting to - ACPU, the next screen you get is transfer setup, you should not need to change anything on this screen, if you are unsure whether or not comms is ok, click the test comms button, if you are happy, select the OK button. The software will now connect to the PLC and you will have to select what you want to read out of the PLC by ticking the appropriate selection, i.e. Program, Parameter, Device memory etc. Click ok, follow the prompts, and the program should be transferred.