Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motioncontroller

Duplicate Tags.....simple right?

5 posts in this topic

"TAGS.BIN contains duplicate tag IDM08.DS_FILL[00,00]" I have seen something like this before with importing improperly to a CPU374, but now this the error I get when I am trying to download to the touch screen. I have reviewed the variables in the Quickpanel target and they all seem a-okay but there are "interesting" tag differences on the 90-30's variable list. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Got what?

It seems we have 2 proxies with the same name pointing to the same address when it is compiled. We are doing some tests to see when and why this happens. Ideas? I'll post what we see

We just finished what we believe has happened and then we got this reply from GE. What we believe has happened in the couple of cases of duplicate tags is that the user has built and downloaded the touchscreen before variables were created and downloaded/imported to the plc. Case: I did some testing and found that the PLC arrays under 11 (Array Dimension 1) are in format [0,00] and 11 and over are displayed in format [00,00] Start with array dimensions 2,2 and then drag 0,0 onto panel it creates proxy [0,0] if you then change the array dimensions to 11,11 the proxy doesn't change - still displayed as [0,0] but the properties of the bool object don't match the proxy variable, the proxy variable will stay in the format it was originally created in and the bool object will reflect current PLC Variable format 0,0 or 00,00 I forgot the errors were coming up during VALIDATION so I tried doing it with 2 buttons on the panel referring to the same proxy HMI tag but there were no errors. I am sure the problem lies in changing the array and then export/importing - perhaps something to do with changes inside Excel before importing but there are too many combinations to explore, I would need to know exactly what the client did prior to the change.