Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickO

Citect SCADA Error Trapping

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have been able to set up error trapping within a function, without too much difficulty. What I need to be able to do is catch errors that are occuring when opening a new page. So I need a Global error catch. I have so far tried running a function that uses ErrSet and OnEvent(2,ErrorFn), :- as the startup function, as a function from the button that opens the new page up but neither work. Can someone out there guide me in the right direction ? Thanks in advance

You can execute a function when the page is opened. Have a look at the page properties, from the top of my head there is an "on page entry" as well as an "on page exit" cicode tab.

Hi Pdl, yep tried that method already. With no success. Cheers N

So do you want to trap the error when a page is opened or while a page is opened ? This makes a difference. Then you should use the "while page shown" trigger for your function. If you want the function to run globally without having to enter it at every page Events properties you cansetup an event in the project editor. Just name it GLOBAL and dn't forget to enable events in the computer setup wizard. What error exactly do you want to trap ? Not any hardware alarm by coincidence ?