Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rod_Hackney

AB point I/O modules

3 posts in this topic

We are relocating a portion of a mixing line to another facility. We are redesigning the controls using compact logix and we were thinking of using point I/O with ethernet/IP communication cards to distribute tihe I/O. Wanted comments from people how have used point I/O and thier opinions of it from a installation and/or service perpective.

I assume you are talking about the 1734 point IO. If so, they are great, if using 24vdc applications. Not to fond of the 2 point in/out for the 120vac. I have used they in devicenet, controlnet, and ethernet applications. Had a couple of problems with the devicenet, but that was my first attempt at using it, so it could have been my fault. Otherwise they have worked great without any problems.

I just finished up a job using Point I/O. All went well, we saved a ton of wiring by only having the Cat-5 cable. Modules are easy to configure. They did want a spare ethernet cable ran along side the existing cable. I am not sure of this was necessary but it's there now. I would suggest spare I/O modules as I have seen some of them go bad at other installations.