Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bjclem

panelview plus printers

4 posts in this topic

I have a Panelview plus that I tried to connect a HP6980 to the USB port and did not work anyone have a list of what printers work with the USB port or do I have to go thur a hub for this to work . The HP6940 I think is on the list it has a usb port and ethernet . thanks for all you help

Checked the Specification of the printer and this printer should work with PanelView Plus Specifications: Standard printer languages: HP PCL3 with HPA Since it states it supports PCL3 this printer should work with the USB port on Printer and PanelView Remember USB Cable length is very important. Don't try running more than three meters Install a print screen button as a test. Best results is printing messages through alarms but a screen dump is a good test that printer works with PVP.

yes but with it connect to the panelview plus was getting a unknown device on the usb side I did not try to connect it via ethernet . that is with the hp6980 printer

The only way to use the Ethernet port on the Printer is to use it with a network Printer Server PC. The PanelView has to log into the Printer Server when it powers up so needs a deticated log in, set up by IT. Then set up the panelview with this network address. Have you tried sending a screen dump to the printer even though the Panelview showed Unknown Device?