Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Downloads, capped at 50K

6 posts in this topic

Just for a testing, we have capped the file downloads at 50 K. It was UNLIMITED before this post. We have such high traffic of file downloads that this must be done to manage the server. We are evaluating this and may increase it, or we may institute a policy that goes something like this: Guest can download at say 25 K but if you are a member you can download 100 K speed. Anyway just wanted to give you a heads up if you are downloading files, and you think our server is slow, it's not...we just capped your download speed so those of you with 10 Mbps connections to Comcast FIOS can't suck the life out of the poor old server.

So... a 1 meg file will take 20 seconds, that's reasonable. But I must admit 100k= 10 seconds would be better. I vote for the 25 K non-member, 100 K member suggestion.

You have no idea My fiber connection is a (shared for the building) symmetric 100 meg fiber connection! Oh yeah! Edited by Nathan

how about moderators 500 members 50 non members 5 members from Korea 0.5 (i'm just jealous )

Would that last limitation apply to Swedes as well? +me has 100/10 ethernet as internet connection at home...