Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhino1

SCADA - Kingfisher

4 posts in this topic

I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me. I am new to SCAD and PLCs. I have created a "On" and "Off" button in SCADA, however I am not sure to control my Kingfisher PLC through SCADA. I have my Kingfisher frame connected via the com port and have set the board up in SCADA. I am not sure what I need to do to have SCADA talk to my Kingfisher frame. In my frame I have a number of Analogue input cards, digital output and digital input cards. If someone could assist it would be appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

I am not familiar with the particulars of a Kingfisher unit but connecting any SCADA software to hardware is similar. You should have a driver in the SCADA Software that lets you configure they way you connect to the hardware. If your connecting by ethernet, serial ect... You configure this connection. Then you create tags, which are addresses in you hardware (kingfisher) that you want to either read or write data. This is a large overview. After this you have information coming back and forth from SCADA software to hardware you need to create you graphics for display.

Thanks. Yes I have worked it out. I had to set the variabled to point to the KingFisher frame. The varibles were previously set to use the emulated RTU. Thanks again.

Could you define "frame" in this context?