Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

Link from Computer to 1747-L511 Processor

10 posts in this topic

Dear All, Anybody experience in communicate / link between computer and the SLC5/01 CPU 1747-L511? I have install the RSLOGIX and the RSLINK, but don't know what is driver name use for such cpu. Should I set the device and station no? When I press auto configure, the result is error. I need to upload the ladder from the cpu, but seem computer & cpu cannot communicate. Thanks & best regards, Steve

What are you using for the physical connection, PIC module or 1747-UIC?

Hi.... Yes, I am usin the 1747PIC interface. Can you help? I attach the print screen, pls advice if something wrong. Best regards, steveab.rar

If you have the 1747-PIC then you need the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RsLinx ( see PDF's below) You will have to have a real serial port to use this driver. 1747PIC.pdf pichowto.doc PICDriverandserialport.pdf PICDriverConf.pdf

Mickey made a good job, but I just want to remind you if you didn't see plc in RSlink (rswho browser) maybe the baud rate if 9600. By default PIC driver install a 19200 baud rate comm. If you didn't have a native serial port, I can sugest to you a PCMCIA or ExpressCard with a serial port. It's work well. http://www.quatech.com/products/mobile_connectivity.php if you want to see it! TIP TO ALL -> 1747-UIC don't work at 9600 baud! I had this problem with a SLC fix unit with a HMI connected at 9600 baud. I had to use my old (and big) PIC module. Good luck!

And per Rockwell the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver will not work with a PCMCIA card. Have you done this?

And per Rockwell the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver will not work with a PCMCIA card. Have you done this? I'll test it this week and post the result.

I can't install PIC driver with PCMCIA serial port. I'm surprise! It's the first time it doesn't work. It's work with omron, siemens, directlogic, TI-soft (texas instrument in DOS), Mitsubishi, .... maybe a patch exist....but I don't need it, I use 1747-UIC for DH-485

Thanks for the update.

Hi Friends.... Thank you for every information from you all. I have follow all your instructions. I have test with the notebook with USB port, but it cannot communicate with the PLC. But, I have try to find a pc with serial port, and test last week. It work's well. Thank you all for your great job! Best regards, Steve