Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smccontrols

Download problem to AB DTAM Plus 2707-V40P2

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a problem whereby I cannot download a program to the AB DTAM Plus HMI. Actually I have 2 of these units and the same problem with both. There is no problem up loading the original program from either unit but when I go to download the program, the PC begins to down load but then gives a communications errror.(basically I can upload from the HMIs but cannot even send its own original program back down). Now if I create a new file I can transfer it to the units without any problem or comms error. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Regards SMC

I have seen this before, and was not able to find out what or why the problem occured. The only thing that I was able to do is print the program and rewrite it. Even though it looked identical to the original I didn't have any problems after that. The only thing that I could think of was that the program was originally created with a different version of the software than you are currently using, or even the Spectrum Controls version of the software.

Sounds to me like one of the Comms driver ICs has failed. I would say you need a repair. That's my job. Jimmy