Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
servant

Communication between ControlLogix PLC and PanelView terminal

6 posts in this topic

Communication between ControlLogix PLC and PanelView 2711-t6c16 pv600 terminal using PanelBuilder32 software. What file format must be used? I have many aliases. How would the tag name and tag address differ. Would I use the alias in the tag address? Please assist.

I have never tried to use alias addressing in a Standard Panelview but I believe it would work, unfortunately I do not have a Standard Panelview to try this on right now. Whether it works or not, you would address it just like you do any other Controllogix tag

With regard to file format, I was speaking of the data file. Since N7s, B3s, and F8s aren't standard data files in ControlLogix, how do I make reference to the tags? When communicating with SLC500 or PLC5, I reference N7:0 or N7:0.3 for example. My project is almost complete but I am not able to connect, download, and test until two days before customer FAT test, so I was wanting some clarification. Currently the "tag name" and "tag address" are the same in PanelBuilder32, such as F_EU_FT1, which was imported from the ControlLogix database. Some of the Data types did not import. It looks like the TYPE=TAG imported the data types but the TYPE=ALIAS did not import a data type.

Under tools there is a "Translate PLC5/SLC" you MAY have to use this to associate the addresses to a PanelView format. I don't have the associated help file for this function so I'm not sure how it works. I have always used the PanelView PLUS... You can just go online and point to the tag with it. Edited by finfin

If using ethernet communication to Panelview, load the Panelview into the IO table and you then should be able to work out how the communications work. cheers

See the Rockwell Knowledge Base and look for "Setting up PLC/SLC Mapping in Logix controllers". Map the different data types as shown there.