Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

2D Allen Bradley drawings..

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where to get 2D drawings of the AB product line? I/We use the abecad that loads a 3D drawing into two space but it is difficult to work with. Don’t get me wrong, something is better then nothing, but I would just like a 2D of the part for panel layout. Thanks, Bob

RAISE.....eCADWorks http://www.rockwellautomation.com/en/e-tools/ Just select copy and then paste into AutoCad or other drawing package, is thr only thing that I am aware of. That if you do the install all the drawings are on your machine. Edited by Stupidav

Aren't these still 3D drawings or is there a setting somewhere to use 2D drawings? Insert a drawing off of eCADWorks, then go to View > 3D Views > Left. You should see the side view of the object. I get the feeling Bob sometimes has the same troubles I do. You draw a line from one component to another, then try to draw something to that line. I end up getting an error that the objects are not coplanar. If there is not a way to get 2D objects, is there a way to completely turn off the Z axis in Autocad or some type of "Flat" command to force everything onto 0.0 of the Z axis?

My AutoCAD skills may not be the best but I have tried a number of different methods to flatten the blocks and nothing has worked. Tim, I tried putting 0 in for the Z-axis and no go. Thanks for the help, Bob O.

Haven't tried it, but if you explode the block first, there are several routines on the net to flatten everything to zero on the z axis.

I have tried to explode and then the built in commands in AutoCAD to flatten plus a custom lisp to flatten but nothing has worked so far. Maybe it is my CAD skills. Thanks Again.

'I wasn't telling you to try, I was asking as I have the same problem I'm debating on whether to try migrating to something like Visio to make things simplier. All I need to do is make panel layouts and wiring diagrams. Let me know if you figure anything out

The command is FLATSHOT

Doesn't work for me.

Here is a old method. I have used this method but the flatened drawing is a bear to clean up. I think Rockwell ABECAD Knowledgebase also showed this method at one time but I could not find it today. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?...&id=2694189 Bud

It is nice to know I am not the only one with troubles. :) I have tried FLATSHOT, FLATTEN and OVERKILL and they will flatten it but it is a mess to clean up. It may be quicker to just redraw/trace the part and move on. FYI I am using ACAD 2008 here at work. Thanks, Bob

I use the FLATTEN command in AutoCAD (version 2004)

I am using http://www.ab.com/e-tools/index.shtml works for me...