Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smrdkd

EtherNet Camera and RSView Studio

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody I have a DeviceNet and EtherNet network with CompactLogix PLCs. I have recently bought an EtherNet camera. It works well...and I just have to type the IP address, assigned to the camera, in my Internet Explorer address bar. I want to import the realtime image to my SCADA screen. The problem is that I do not have ActiveX control in my RSView Studio. Can anybody help me out if it is possible for me to import the realtime image of my EtherNet camera to my SCADA scree.

I have the same problem. I do not have ActiveX control. I upgrade my Internet Explorer for the version 7 and the web browser Activex appear on the list.

Your camera may have an ActiveX that can be contained directly inside RSView. Specify exactly the make and model of your camera and someone may be able to help you. Many cameras don't have their own ActiveX component, so you have to embed an Internet Explorer object into RSView to get the camera pciture.

Hi Ken, thank you for replying. the make of the camera is D-Link DCS-G900. Please help me... Thank you in advance DK Domah

I found the ActiveX component download: http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?...pv=86&sec=0 But I have not had a chance to test it out yet.

The hard part about this is that D-Link does not provide any documentation on their ActiveX component. It's called Xplug.ocx and gets installed to C:\Windows\System32 but that's about it. When I tried to register this ActiveX with Windows so it would be available in RSView Studio, I did not find a component called "xplug". I finally did find one called "Gif89" that appears to be the D-Linx xplug.ocx component. Unfortunately, I could not make it work with RSView. It actually crashed my installation of RSView Studio. I also tried to use it inside Microsoft Excel... Excel crashed too. Things don't look too good for this software component. Maybe you'll have better luck or find better information.

Thank u very much Ken, I am really sorry because ur rsview and excel crashed while u were trying to help me out... Yours truly DKDomah

I don't know about this particular model, but I used a D-Link DCS-6620 camera in a similar setup. The 6620 is a relabled Vivotek camera. I was able to download and use the Vivotek VitaminControl ActiveX object to control the camera and view the video in my SCADA application. The Vivotek ActiveX control comes with very thorough documentation. It was just a matter of installing the ActiveX control, accessing it from my SCADA application, then some trial and error to determine the correct settings for my particular camera. It works great. If you want to try this route, I'll help out all I can. Joe