Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Instrumentation Guru Question

5 posts in this topic

I have an old milltronics "The PRobe" which failed. It was a six terminal probe. Two for ma +/- ; Two for 24 VDC +/- ; Two for Relay The new Siemens "The Probe" has only two terminals +/- for ma. My Instrument was a 1794-IE4OX2 with 1794-tb2 base from Rockwell. Old connections where 1794 pin 2 to ma - ; 1794 pin 19 to ma + ; +24VDC and -24VDC to probe +/- VDC. I think new connections need to be 1794 pin 2 ro ma - ; 1794 pin 19 to -24 VDC ; ma + to +24VDC Anyone able to say for sure it will or it won't work?

Bob follow the Two wire transmitter connection as shown in 1794-IE4XOE2 manual Edited by rpraveenkum

What Manual I ahve not found a two wire diagram in either the installation instructions or the user manual. Unless I do not know what I am lookng at. What publication and page do you refer to?

Sorry Bob it not listed I look into IE8 It is two wire transmitter use as same for IE8 Edited by rpraveenkum

Found the IE8 two wire example and an example in the siemens manual. Unit is installed, calibrated and working just fine. Thanks for the feedback. ANd yes the IE8 2 wire wiring schema works for the IE4OX2 as well.