Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

NT2 Software Versions

17 posts in this topic

Hi, Question:- We have an NT2S-SF121B-EV2. Can we use the NTXS software (available on this site)? or Do I need to use the NT2 software version B (although I thought I had a version C once)? Are there any regional differences with the hardware ? Nibroc

Yes you can use NTXS for NT2 series. Download the latest patches from your regional software center. I don't believe there is any regional difference.

Hi Nibroc, In the past for NT2 terminals there was NT2ST programming SW. When Omron introduced the NT3S they changed to NTXS SW to program NT2S and NT3S. NT2ST became obsolete. Current version is NTXS 1.03. Omron has made an update patch with mainly bug fixes for NT3S available in July 2007. You need to install this update patch si you have the latest version. You can see if you have the latest version if you look into the about box and see there dat 02-July 2007. Regards, MPM

Our regional site (Asia Pacific) does not appear to offer NTxS USA download at omron247 (http://www.omron247.com/Industrial-Automat..._-1_10051_10051) does not seem to work I downloaded the 1.03 version from MrPLC - however the 5MB update is not available here - can someone add it? Found the update on the European site download centre. Thanks Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

I added it anyway here at MrPLC.

Hi Nobroc, NT2S and NT3S are Omron Europe owned products. All data will therefore be available at www.omron-industrial.com. You can download this at the downloadcentre at free downloads. Regards, MPM

Just a note regarding NT2ST. It tends to have a problem with Windows XP. It will lock up in the middle of things. NTxS is suppose to fix that problem. Hope this helps.

Hi, NT2ST should not be used anymore as it is obsolete and not supported by OMRON for the last 2 years anymore. Regards, MPM

Not quite possible, MPM.... So I got an order to supply a spare NT2 terminal of an existing project. But how to convert old NT2S project to pzm files used by NTXS ? I guess you still have to use NT2S to download the original file after you can upload it by NTXS, at least that is the only way I can think of, no import function in NTXS. So I still had to dust off that old copy of NT2ST 1.3C and install it....

Hi PdL, You are right. If you have old applications (NT2ST) and need to reproduce you still need the old NT2ST SW. What I meant to say: Do not use NT2ST for new programs / applications. If you run into problems/ bugs they will NOT be supported and you will be directly guided to NTXS.

HI I have seen that OMRON has launched a new NTXS version for their NT2S and NT3S terminals. free downloads @ www.industrial.omron.eu regards, MPM

Great!

Seems 1.03 is not automatically uninstalled, is 1.04 backwards compatible ? So I can uninstall 1.03?

Hi PdL, Yes it is. Best is to remove NTXS 1.03 from MR.PLC as this version is improved version from before. to prevent bugs, solved in this version pop-up again in the old version

OK, I have removed it. You can upload 1.04 yourself if you want.