Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stupidav

VB OPC

10 posts in this topic

Does any one know of any examples of any Visual Basic OPC to RSLinx Examples? I have found plenty of DDE examples, but none using OPC. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is a quick sample to read data... ' ' VB Example Code: Read single data element using OPC ' Dim OPCServer1 As OPCServer 'Create references for OPC Server Dim WithEvents OPCGroup1 As OPCGroup 'and Group objects Private Sub Form_Load() Set OPCServer1 = New OPCServer 'Create new instance of OPC Server OPCServer1.Connect "RSLinx OPC Server" 'Connect to OPC Server application Set OPCGroup1 = OPCServer1.OPCGroups.Add("MyOPCData") 'Create new OPC Group in defined OPC Server OPCGroup1.OPCItems.AddItem "[PLC]S:23", 1 'Add an item to defined OPC Group '"[AccessPath]DataItem", ClientHandle OPCGroup1.IsSubscribed = True 'Instruct OPC Server to send OCP Group data 'changes End Sub Private Sub Form_QueryUnload(Cancel As Integer, UnloadMode As Integer) Set OPCGroup1 = Nothing 'Remove OPC Group OPCServer1.Disconnect 'Disconnect from OPC server application Set OPCServer1 = Nothing 'Remove OPC Server End Sub Private Sub OPCGroup1_DataChange(ByVal TransactionID As Long, ByVal NumItems As Long, ClientHandles() As Long, ItemValues() As Variant, Qualities() As Long, TimeStamps() As Date) Text1.Text = ItemValues(1) 'Assign data to text box ' For x = 1 To NumItems 'Another method of handling incoming data using ' Select Case ClientHandles(x) 'the ClientHandle assigned in the AddItem method ' Case 1 ' ' Text1.Text = ItemValues(x) 'Do this when ClientHandle = 1 ' ' ' Case 2 'Can be easily adapted to handle more than one item ' 'ClientHandle=2 ' Case 3 ' ' 'Clienthandle=3 ' End Select ' ' Next x ' End Sub Be sure to add a ref to RSLink OPC Automation Edited by trn_psycho

http://www.opcconnect.com/tooltech.php#vb

I haven't been able to get trn_psycho's (thank you, trn_psycho) working properly, but I am pretty sure I know what the problem was. I was able to find another thread that had another example( http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=9292 ). I was able to get that to work, although both of these only shows "Reading" of values, and I am not having a lot of luck Writing values. After looking at Jesper's link (thank you, Jesper), I found an example of a Mitsubishi, which got me close, but not close enough. If any one knows of any other examples, I would definatly appricate it.

Sorry, my examples have been taken directly from the RSTrainer for RSLinx CDs... Here is the write. In order for them to work, you MUST include a reference to RSLink OPC Automation, and you must configure the following to match your setup... . . . Private Sub Form_Load() Set OPCServer1 = New OPCServer 'Create new instance of OPC Server OPCServer1.Connect "RSLinx OPC Server" 'Connect to OPC Server application Set OPCGroup1 = OPCServer1.OPCGroups.Add("MyOPCData") 'Create new OPC Group in defined OPC Server OPCGroup1.OPCItems.AddItem "[PLC]T4:0.PRE", 1 'Add an item to defined OPC Group ' "[AccessPath]DataItem", ClientHandle OPCGroup1.IsSubscribed = True 'Instruct OPC Server to send OCP Group data 'changes End Sub . . . Write sample... ' ' VB Example Code: Write single data element using OPC ' Dim OPCServer1 As OPCServer 'Create references for OPC Server Dim WithEvents OPCGroup1 As OPCGroup 'and Group objects Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim NumItems As Long 'Create variables to write data Dim ServerHandles() As Long ' Dim Values() As Variant ' Dim Errors() As Long ' NumItems = OPCGroup1.OPCItems.Count 'Adjust arrays used to ReDim ServerHandles(1 To NumItems) 'write data based on ReDim Values(1 To NumItems) 'number of items in OPC For x = 1 To NumItems 'group ServerHandles(x) = OPCGroup1.OPCItems(x).ServerHandle ' Next x ' ' Values(1) = Text1.Text 'Assign value to array used in Write method OPCGroup1.SyncWrite NumItems, ServerHandles(), Values(), Errors() 'Perform OPC Write End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() Set OPCServer1 = New OPCServer 'Create new instance of OPC Server OPCServer1.Connect "RSLinx OPC Server" 'Connect to OPC Server application Set OPCGroup1 = OPCServer1.OPCGroups.Add("MyOPCData") 'Create new OPC Group in defined OPC Server OPCGroup1.OPCItems.AddItem "[PLC]T4:0.PRE", 1 'Add an item to defined OPC Group ' "[AccessPath]DataItem", ClientHandle OPCGroup1.IsSubscribed = True 'Instruct OPC Server to send OCP Group data 'changes End Sub Private Sub Form_QueryUnload(Cancel As Integer, UnloadMode As Integer) Set OPCGroup1 = Nothing 'Remove OPC Group OPCServer1.Disconnect 'Disconnect from OPC server application Set OPCServer1 = Nothing 'Remove OPC Server End Sub PS: This is for VB6 NOT vb.net. Edited by trn_psycho

Thank you very much, I don't have it functioning quite yet, but I believe it is getting really close. I believe that the problem that I am having with yours / RSTrainer's, might be related to the version difference. I am running VS 2005 SP1, and RSLix 2.5. I only say that because 2005 the "Let and Set" are not supported any more, along with Variant. I have the Write working with your method and some modifcations, I am just stuck on getting the Read working in this method Where I am at with this is "ServerHandles(x) = OPCGroup1.OPCItems(x).ServerHandle" is returing "Value does not fall with in the expected range" I will post the working project as soon it is complete.

The write has an OPCGroup1.syncwrite but the read has no OPCGroup1.syncread or OPCGroup1.AsyncRead. Somewhere you'll need to add these I think.

That would be a major factor... VS2005 is all .Net, whereas the samples I posted were for VB Classic. .Net really doesn't do OPC as easily as classic vb.

I Finnally finished it, hope it helps http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=741 Let me know if you find any problems.

HeLLO, I was very helpful codes but I have a question, want to work with more than 6 tags, can you help me? I just want to write each tag with textbox and button to make the change thanks