Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sd00

ABBASIC - PBASE

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction. The company I work for owns a licenced copy of the PBASE software for an AB Basic module (1771-AD) on a PLC3. I have the 2 original installation disks & they appear to install correctly, but upon execution of the PBASE software, I get the following error... ErrorCode = -9 CANNOT LOAD DRIVER PACKAGE I suspect there is a disk or two missing (perhaps a driver installation disk) - am I right in this assumption? and if so, where I could get a copy! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

My PBASE manual indicated there are two disks (3.1/2") in the complete package. It also indicated that the software is compatible with DOS 3.1 and above. Since you probably have a more modern operating system it might be prudent to try running the software in dos compatible mode on your machine. The software manual should still be available on the AB site, Pub No 1746-6.2 "Basic Development Software Programming Manual" Hope this helps.

Thanks for responding. I installed it on a PC running DOS 6.22 only (not DOS on windows) - the error occurs when executing PBASE. Any more ideas regarding this fault anyone? Thanks, Steve. UPDATE I have just read the installation part of the manual, it is as I had done (adding the path entry in Autoexec.bat and the files / buffers entries in Config.sys). Perhaps my install disks are no good!!! Any idea how I'd get a replacement copy? Thanks, Steve. Edited by sd00

Hardware has changed a lot also since 3.11. Jsut cause 6.22 installs and apepars to run does not mean that the PBASe drivers are findng teh ahrdware configuration they expect. I suspect your error has something to do with hardware incompatability, but that's jsut an educated guess not fact. I suspect that youa re not set for EGA or VGA video in your newer PC. the following is from the PBASE Manual. Hardware Requirements Your BASIC Development Software supports almost all video cards and video modes. EGA 43 line and VGA 50 line modes are built in. Other video modes can be configured using the command line. Refer to Chapter 3 for additional information on configuring video modes. The software supports Microsoft, MOUSE SYSTEMS, LOGITECH or any compatible mouse. It also supports the Expanded Memory Specification 4.0 and above. DOS 6.22 would interface with your newer video card just fine but the pbase looks for a VGA or EGA hook. Try running pbase on a windows system and use compatability and 640*480 video. You are aware that hyperterminal will conenct the the module and allow you to see and change the program aren't you?

Excellent points. Thanks very much, I'll give it a try. Yes, I am aware hyperterminal can be used (though TBH, i've never worked with this module!), however 2 things, both RS232 ports are in use & this set-up is for maintenance guys who have the DH485 unit & standard op sheets for the PBASE method. The preference is to use PBASE, but ultimately, I might have to go the Hyperterminal way. Regards, Steve.