Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crossbow

GX Developer Online/Offline

3 posts in this topic

Just wrote this description up over at www.plcs.net, thought it would be good to post here too. Many tech support phone calls have to do with the 'write during run' setting in GX Developer. ------------------------------------ Many people don't understand the proper way to get online and offline in GX Developer. There are actually 4 modes in GX Developer. There is an offline read and offline write, as well as online monitor and online monitor write. Both offline modes are found in the Edit menu, while both online modes are found in the Online menu. When you switch into the Monitor (Write Mode) which is in the Online menu, it asks (and the default is yes) to change the write during run setting. If you simply stop monitor in the window or close the program, it doesn't automatically transfer back to an offline mode. So the next time you open the program, it's still assuming to be in monitor write mode. The proper way to go back offline is to choose the Write Mode option in the Edit menu. This will prompt to change the write during run setting back to don't write to PLC. If you forget, in Tools, under Options, is the Write During Run setting. Set it back to don't write to PLC there, and you're back offline. This will affect the 'replace' options in the Find/Replace menu, as well as block access to the Transfer Setup screen. Can't change comm settings while online, so it won't open the screen. This is something that happens all the time the tech support guys tell me.

i still remember day i tripped on this one too. this is something that should not be user problem at all. application should have user setting for default startup mode (offline read, offline write, online monitor, online monitor write, last used mode). if the factory default for such setting was offline read or offline write for example, nobody would ever now about this as an issue.

Thank you very very much Dear this helped me a lot,,,, thanks so much,, i was stuck and now i am flying again