Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daharris

Need Manual for CS1W-CTS21 SSI Interface

21 posts in this topic

Omron list a CS1W-CTS21 High Speed Counter module with 2 SSI interface inputs in several different brochures and catalogs, but I have been unable to locate a manual of any kind that covers this card. Does any one know if the card actually exist and can you tell me where I can locate a manual?

had recently the same problem and all I got from the omron tech support is no manual just instruction sheet which you have in the module's packaging. maybe now there is some kind of manual?

This manual does not appear to have any reference to the CTS21, just 2 other CT modules. I am also looking for a manual on the CJ1W-CTS21.

I have searched high and low, and have found nothing more than the instruction sheet. However, after a read through the instruction sheet, it seems to provide all the necessary information about the module (wiring, memory layout, etc). Is there specific information that you are looking for that is not in the instruction sheet?

I can confirm that there is no manual. Only a instruction-sheet as this has all the info needed to work with the unit.

I have CJ1W-CTS21-E in Slot no. 0 and I want to add this module in IOtable, but I cannot find such a module I use CX-P 9.32 Hmm

Look under the basic I/O group when you look for the unit. I have version 9.32 and it is there (Choose the CJ1W-CTS21, the -E version is not specifically listed). Edited by Michael Walsh

What happens if you just try & create the IO Table whilst online to the PLC, should that nit select the correct module?

Yes, that would work just fine.

Hi all.

I need info how to set encoder resoluiton with DM words.

In manual m+12 word is used to set resoultion, but if I want to set 10 databits, what I need to do.

Example:

I thinking about MOV instruction #10 to DM20112. Also if I need 24 bit resolution MOV #24 to DM20112.

Before that I should to set  DIP switches 1...4 to ON.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Milosh

I thinking about MOV instruction #10 to DM20112. Also if I need 24 bit resolution MOV #24 to DM20112.

That would work. You will need to power down the PLC and restart,

Before that I should to set  DIP switches 1...4 to ON

Ehat DIP switches?  I don't see any on the module.

Here is the instruction sheet.

1634330-1A CJ1W-CTS21 HSC (SSI) Unit Instruction Sheet .pdf

Sorry look at the CS1W-CTS21 sheet...

Thanks

@Milosh If your comment meant that you could not download the instruction sheet because the links above did not work, I have fixed them.

21 hours ago, Michael Walsh said:

@Milosh If your comment meant that you could not download the instruction sheet because the links above did not work, I have fixed them.

Hi, thanks to all. No this module CS1W-CTS21 not CJ1W...

Also I have instruction sheet for CS1W module, and there is section about DIP switches...

I am new here too , I would like to know cloud networking server and clients communication with PLC ( Omron ). I do want to know on MES 42 Q System ( Manufacturing Execution System ) interfacing with PLC ( Omron ), no idea which material out there avaiable to read and mind to share doccuments or leading to a link who can help.